"Hugh lets go.  Leave him for now."  Rodgers said quietly.

"Not until I rip this bastard to pieces. I know that this was your handy work, you fucker!"  Hugh yelled.

"What? Lukas what is happening?"  Emilia cried out and ran next to Hugh and the others. "Did you instigate this?"

Lukas laughed. "Emilia, why are you slumming it with these inferior bastards. Come back to the party."

Emilia huffed and stomped over to Lukas. "You insufferable bastard."  And she kicked hard between his legs, dropping him to the ground.

Hugh stopped struggling and looked at the fallen figure. He clicked his tongue. "That will do for now."  His eyes burned into Lukas.  "We are not done."

To the relief of the other Kings, he turned back to Jonas and they both started to make their way to the car. 

Clark tried again.  "I will call my lawyers and have you behind bars, Jonas, you and your gang of thugs."

Hugh laughed coldly.  "Our lawyer will contact you shortly, Mr. Spencer.  I think you know him, Alex Richards."

Clark paled and froze.  Many of the adults had the same reaction.  Alex Richards was one person they dreaded going against. 

Hugh helped Jonas and Eli into the back seat.  Travis snuck in beside Jonas and was holding Eli's hand.  Hugh was about to sit in the back on the other side of Jonas when Clark's voice sounded.  "How could someone like you know Alex Richards?"

"Easily.  He's my dad."  He laughed when he saw the many people flinch at his response.  The brawls they had with the Mad Dog could have been much worse if he decided to involve his father. 

They piled in the car, while Sam drove Emilia and Jaiden.  They were moving fast in the streets, but Jonas did not notice any of it.  He could only pay attention to the silent sobs from the boy in his arms. 

Jonas cradled him softly and started to recite the song he would always sing as a lullaby.  His voice was deep and calming and was the only noise in the car.

When he felt Eli calm and settle, his singing cracked and he finally broke down.  Hugh wrapped his arms around Jonas and Eli and just let him weep.

They stayed like that until they pulled up to the ER.  A group of doctors and nurses were already waiting and quickly pulled open the door of the car. 

"Ms. Pena called us ahead of time and told us to expect you."  A nurse explained as Hugh moved out quickly and helped Jonas take Eli out.  They had him lay him down on a gurney and rushed inside with Jonas, Hugh, Travis and Millan chase after them.  Rodgers went to park the car and meet with Sam and the others.

They took Eli to a private room and made everyone wait in the hall outside. Hugh made Jonas sit down.  "I'm going to call my dad, sweetheart.  I'll be right back."

Jonas nodded and rested his head in his hands.  Hugh kissed the top of his head before stepping away and pressed the call button.  It was already late in the evening and they may be in bed, but he trusted his dad to always pick up.

His dad answered immediately.  "Hugh!  You ok?"

Hugh's voice shuddered.  "Dad, we're at the hospital."

He head frantic scrambling and his mom asking worried questions.  "Are you boys ok? What happened?"

Hugh leaned up against the wall and finally let himself cry.  "It's Eli.  We got him out of that place."

Alex inhaled sharply.  "How bad is it?"

"My god... I can't... Dad, please, they can never go back." He didn't know how to explain how horrible it was and resorted to begging.  He never wanted Jonas and Eli to ever have to look at Clark and Denise Spencer again.

"Alright son.  I'm going to call Chuck right now and we will all meet you there.  You're going to have to be strong right now and support Jo, because he is probably terrified right now. Can you do that?"  He said softly.

Hugh let out a shaky sigh.  "Yeah.  I can do that."

He gave him the room number and took several deep breaths before he turned around and went back to Jonas.  He sat down next to him and pulled him into his arms.  He didn't say anything, just stroked his back.

He couldn't think of anything to say except for humming the song that Jonas was singing in the car. Jonas smiled a little and leaned into Hugh. "I didn't think you know songs by Ben Harper."

Hugh chuckled. "How dare you question how much music I know." He pulled Jonas' chin up and kissed him softly.

Jonas sighed and finally looked around the hall and saw everyone sitting nervously.  Sam was holding onto Emilia who was still crying silently.  He had wrapped her in his jacket and rubbing her arms while whispering in her ear.  Rodgers, Millan, and Jaiden were trying to calm the sobbing Travis.  Jonas saw how torn up he was and his heart ached for the small blonde boy who truly cared for his brother.

He stood up and took slow steps towards him.  "Travis." He called out to him lightly.

Travis looked up with his red and swollen eyes.  "Jo... I should have... said... something... when he..."

Jonas quickly pulled him up and hugged him tightly.  "I don't blame you for anything.  Eli won't either."

Travis let out helpless wails in Jonas' arms and Jonas rubbed his back lightly while his own tears fell.  Hugh was next to him already wiping his tears.