Part 78 - A Hole in The Heart

Start from the beginning

"Treat me like a daughter when you want to be respected as a father. Baekhyun is a nice guy but he is not the one for me. Not for once, not even for a single moment, I had feelings for him. How could you expect me to marry a man when I can't hold a place for him in my heart? How could you expect us to live together in a lie we both knew?" Hana lashed out at her father who kept calm on hearing her.

"Not for once, did you try to ask whom I like. Not for once, you thought about my interests, what I wanted to do, how I wanted to live, and with whom I can be happy. Do you even know how much it hurts here?" she bawled out and he was just too shocked at her sudden outburst.

"Jungkook treated me well while I was in college. He treated me like how I wanted to be treated. I never wanted to be a princess or a queen to anybody. I just wanted some love and care which he never failed to show. He is the man I need for this cold heart which forgot to care for itself, which forget to love itself, busy to impress you. This heart forgot to make itself warm, trying to find warmth in you," she pointed at her heart and let the tears flow down her cheeks without a break.

"What nonsense?" Mr. Do grunted, unable to process his daughter's sudden outburst. Her confrontation is making him feel remorseful which he wanted to avoid in the most possible manner. He didn't want to be weak in front of her daughter. Anger and grudge dominated the feeling of fatherly love and guilt. He was unable to think on the other side and the only thing that's running in his mind is about the audacity his daughter had by raising her voice at him.

"Appa, you are ruthless. You don't have a heart," she mouthed as he strode his steps towards her, with rage and fury. Hana gasped and flinched as he held her arms with a rough grip. She wiggled her arms but Mr. Do just tightened the grip, not letting her go.

"How dare you speak against your father? You are unmannered and vile and I am ashamed to have you as my daughter. Remember, you walked into my house, and don't try to speak trash. Just get out of here," he roared at her and she shivered.

"Get the fuck out of my house, now," he growled, holding Hana's arms and pushed her away. She held the railing at the corner. She held his hand, trying to stop him but rage took over him, killing all the soft emotions and feelings inside him.

"Appa, you are being harsh. I am.." her words muffled in thin air as she tumbled down. Black and white visions flashed in her brain and she yelped as her head hit the stairs not once, not twice but after every few steps. She screamed in pain until she collapsed on the floor and let out a loud cry.

"Hana," Mr. Do gasped. He never intended to push her down. He was too angry and blinded by fury that he failed to notice she was standing at the corner of the staircase. He quickly paced down the stairs in haste and Mrs. Do walked out of the kitchen on hearing Hana's loud shriek. 

"My baby," Hana cried, holding her stomach and wiggling her legs in pain. Blood was dripping down from her head and her legs wiggled with unknown sensation rippling through her hips. Mrs. Do ran to her lifeless daughter floating in a pool of blood.

Pulling the sheets from the curtains, she cut them into small cloths in a hurry. Her hands shivered on seeing her daughter in the state of dying. She didn't have any time or the thought to look at her husband who was in a state of panic as well. Tying the cloth around her bleeding head, she held her daughter's hands which were shaking vigorously.

"My baby," Hana mewled and Mrs. Do shook her head amidst her sobs as she noticed the blood oozing underneath her dress.

"Get the car, asshole," She yelled at her husband who stood up, immediately running outside. Holding Hana carefully, Mrs. Do carried her while shedding tears. She was guilty of not being able to sense her presence and didn't know her husband was back. She was in the kitchen, cooking Hana's favorite dishes. She was so indulged in cooking that she didn't give an ear to the sign of Mr. Do's arrival.