Ep 55: The Darkest Dawn

Start from the beginning

"Valtryek! Hang in there!"

With his eyes glowing golden Valt once again lost control and let his power take over.

Valtryek started glowing golden but it was slowly fading.

"This is too easy."

Fafnir came out of nowhere and knocked Valtryek out of the stadium.

"I know you're holding back Valt, you're afraid of your own power but I wonder why..."

Valt was silent, gripping his bey.

"Are you afraid of me?"

Valt looked up at Free but with a fearful expression. He said nothing but his eyes told Phi everything.

"You're afraid of being corrupted again..."

"No! I beat you yesterday and I can do it again today!" Valt smiled and just like that is fear was gone and he was back in the game.

Free only smiled holding out his launcher and Valt did the same.

"3...2...1... Let it Rip!"

Fafnir went for the center while Valtryek came in flying at full speed attacking.

"Valtryek now!"

The golden power emerged again flickering on and off

Free/Phi only smiled at the sight of Valt struggling.

He still has a long way to go but I'll teach him a lesson

"Fafnir!"

They collided in the center and time seemed to slow down. They rebonded again and again but each time they both grew tired and began wobbling.

Valtryek hit Fafnir, Fafnir absorbed the last bit of the energy and Valtryek slowed down.

Picking up his bey Valt closed his eyes and Frees laughter seemed far away.

Opening his eyes everything went on a grayscale and everyone around him disappeared except for Free.

His image kept shifting between Phi and Free. Purple and golden fighting to occupy the same space.

Looking around little balls of golden energy were in the air.

He remembered Free talking about this a long time ago but he was never able to touch the energy.

Reaching out into the sky Valt touched one.

Valt's golden power came back and so did Phi's power overwhelming Free. His eyes were glowing purple and again and he cried out.

"Free?"

"You're wrong, he's gone..."

"No he's not!"

Phi only cackled laughing like a maniac through Free.

Holding out his launcher Valt was more determined than ever now to get his friend back.

"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"

This time both bladers launched at full power with Valt not holding back now. The situation was now serious and getting back Free only mattered.

Phi was laughing like a maniac and all trace of his golden power was now gone

Fafnir was along the outer edge chasing Valtryek pushing him to the center.

"Fight him Free I know you're still in there!"

The purple aura flickered from gold to purple and Free had his hands over his face.