61- Self Medicate

Start from the beginning

A sullen feeling washed over her- for a moment.

Why do I have a bad feeling about calling him?

Evelyn could barely remember why she shouldn't call him. She couldn't even remember that he was her ex.

All she wanted was him.

All Evelyn wanted was Luke.

She pulled out her phone, her vision blurred but good enough for her to actually find his name.

It rung for a moment, before a pickup.

"Eve?" His voice was hesitant, extremely confused. There was a pause before she was able to recognize the words.

"Hey Luke," She smiled widely into the phone, "Can 'ou come? S'pick me up?"

He paused, hearing the way she slurred those words. Evelyn tried not to slip out of her seat, gripping the edge of the wood.

The ground seemed too close, her booted feet right in her view.

Luke was careful with his words, trying to analyze the situation and its severity, "Are you drunk?"

"Jus'a little."

Luke sighed, "Where are you?"

Evelyn held her phone to her chest, turning to the bartender, "Where am I?"

"Peter's bar on 5th street," He replied.

"Petersbar on5'street," Evelyn managed to murmur. Luke instructed her to stay put, hanging up the phone.

He turned to Ashton, who happened to be there at his house.

"Did you just get a call from Eve?" Ashton questioned. They paused, staring at each other for a moment.

When Luke nodded, Ashton continued, "I just got one from Hailey. She's drunk."

Luke grabbed his jacket, picking up his car keys as Ashton picked up his own, "So is Eve."

Of course they were drunk. Luke felt his skin crawl, his blood rush to his head in too many ways.

Fear was eminent in him, scared out of his mind over what could happen to Evelyn.

If anyone touches her, Luke stopped himself, trying not to think about the worst.

He drove down to where the bar was located. Luke reached the place quickly, passing too many stoplights.

Ashton got there minutes before him, taking Hailey home.

There, was Evelyn. He stepped into the bar, his eyes trained to her figure. She was wearing a short dress, spaghetti straps low on her back.

She turned around to look at him.

Her smile was much more broad than it would be if she were sober, something that concerned Luke slightly.

Evelyn flipped her hair, brushing it down sluggishly. As if fixing her appearance for him.

He paused, biting his lip and trying to control himself in that situation. She looked beautiful, but more than that.