Chapter 23

When Yao Bai came back with the hot milk tea, he saw his brother drinking the iced milk tea, while Pei Mingzhan smiled and said something, and handed him a paper towel.

Pei Mingzhan took away the other cup of milk tea in Zhao Yao's hand and freed him.

The amount of milk tea was too much, and Zhao Yao habitually tilted it when he drank it. As a result, the milk tea overflowed from the cup surface where the straw was broken and splashed on Zhao Yao. He took the tissue that Pei Mingzhan had given him and wiped his clothes a little, "Thank you." 

The cold and special mellow fragrance diffused from his lips and teeth, and the cool and sweet feeling suddenly filled Zhao Yao's taste buds.

Zhao Yao used to be a drinker. When he was young, the refrigerator was filled with all kinds of beer soda. Later, he just had a problem with his body. It was convenient for him to drink water, so the refrigerator was replaced with mineral water. Later, his physical condition got worse and worse, his drinking water was replaced with warm water at the right temperature.

The prestige when he was young is gone, but he didn't expect that after he was reborn, he would be bewitched by Pei Mingzhan's few words and broke the ring. Zhao Yao couldn't figure it out, but he could only blame him for his lack of self-control. Concentration is not good enough.

Yao Bai looked at the warm milk tea in his hand. Fortunately, he just took the water to warm it up, but his brother turned his head and drank the ice milk tea.

Men are hard to guess, especially his brother Yao, even harder to guess.

"Oh, it's raining!" Someone outside seemed to shout loudly, and several staff members hurried out to move props.

Zhao Yao heard the words and looked at the busy staff at the door, and couldn't help but think of the days in the nursing home. He both liked and hated rainy days.

In the last life, after dealing with Zhao Zhikai, he was rude to more than one party. The people around him were found out one by one. He never cared about other emotions in dealing with these people. Those who should be sent to prison were sent to prison, and those who should be dismissed were dismissed. Later, the newly recruited assistant secretary was cautious when talking to him, for fear that a word would make him unhappy and lose his job.

But Zhao Yao thought, this is fine, he hopes everyone is afraid of him, so no one dares to lie to him. But later he was seriously ill and was admitted to the hospital. The nurse waited for him carefully, and his confidant didn't dare to say anything else when he reported to work. There were people in his ward every day, but he couldn't feel the excitement.

The psychiatrist was right, he could not establish a trusting relationship with others, and he could not make a close friend.

During his illness, what he heard was always a work report retelled by a machine. When he couldn't get out of bed, he realized that he was alone.

Later, Zhao Yao started to like the excitement. He would let the nurses play documentaries day and night, and let the secretary stay in the ward for a while. But this made these people feel scared for no reason, even he coughed and they thought they had done something wrong.

Zhao Yao didn't have to worry about it, and they went as they please.

The nursing home is quiet day after day, except when it rains and thunders, it is unexpectedly lively.

The rain hit the windows, and the moist earth smell... 

But he didn't like rainy days, because rainy days always reminded him of the day when his mother died of illness, the dark rainy day.

A torrential rain came suddenly, and the staff hurriedly gathered props and equipment. It was also rainy, and it was indeed different. The busy figure of the staff in front of him and the figure of the confidant reporting the work in the nursing home gradually overlapped. People are always different. Zhao Yao discovered that once a person died, he would like this noisy excitement.

"It's really raining!"

The staff standing next to Zhao Yao looked at the situation outside with his hips akimbo. The heavy rain poured down and the rain fell down the eaves.

"But it was too timely to cool down the shed, and the heat was so hot."