Ep 50: The Reveal

Começar do início

"Give up Valt?"

Valt was silent but nodded his head a little.

"Then maybe this will jog your memory."

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his bey. It was a dark green bey with hints of a silver metal but in the center was the avatar's face in the shape of a dog.

"Ken...."

It was in that moment everything around Valt seemed very far away. His heartbstopped, his throat shriveled up and tears started to form. Wiping them away he looked down at this hands.

He swallowed in pain fighting back the urge to cry. This was supposed to be his old friend! And yet it wasn't everything about it was wrong... Tightening his hands Valt looked back up at his opponent with a newfound anger.

"You're lying, Ken would never break beys. This is Phi talking." Valt said with a hint of anger.

Emerald Eye let out a tired sigh, unstrapping his mask he let it fall to the ground, and an eerie silence fell over the crowd and Valt.

"You guys never were good at keeping in touch were you?"

Without the mask on Ken looked a lot older and his black hair was longer but standing before him Valt could tell that he wasn't Phi. There was no purple resonance, no anger, only a neutral expression.

"But I thought you were with the Beasts?"

"I was, until I left a while back."

"But how did you end up at the Snake Pit of all places, the only one is in Mexico."

"There are others but in places you would least expect it, the Snake Pit is a lot bigger than you think and their roots run deep across the world." Ken said holding out his launcher.

Valt did the same but couldn't focus. His mind was swirling and his thoughts were starting to form a tornado.

How long has he been there? How many more Snake Pits are there? Is this how it's going to be going against Free?

Across the stadium Ken watched as Valt was struggling to understand what was going on.

Perfect

"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"

Kerbeus took the center while Valtryek started attacking, but with each attack Kerbeus didn't budge instead Valt's mind was elsewhere.

Why did he never tell us! I remember calling him here and there but he never seemed possessed or anything... But why did he tell me now? He could've told me plenty of times but why now?

"Turbo Valtryek Whip!"

"I don't think so you're finished, it's time for the reign of Phi. Kerbeus now!"

Kerbeus rose beside his master letting out a fierce growl. It was the same avatar but with more metallic armor.

"You call that an attack?"

Colliding, Kerbeus knocked Valtryek into the sky, bursting it.

Valt fell onto his knees as Ken looked down on him with a smirk.

"You can't win."

At the word win Valt was brought back to his conversation with Aiger earlier.

It needs to be you Valt. I've fought Phi before but I know you can stop him. I feel it and so does Achilles!

He wants to make you believe you can't win and that you never will. But you can't let that fear take over which is why it needs to be you Valt, even when you faced Shu last year you still had a smile on your face!