Evelyn hopped on her leg against the wall, in that moment wishing Ashton death but also laughing silently.

"Alright," Luke sighed in frustration, turning to Evelyn. In one fell swoop, he reached under her knees and behind her back, lifting her up bridal style.

"Luke!" She screamed, the hall relatively empty as he fixed her better in his hands. Easily, he carried her down the hall and into the art classroom.

In the class, Evelyn could see her art teacher confused and questioning Ashton with the crutches. When Mrs. J saw Evelyn in Luke's hands, her face twisted into shock and anger.

She reached over and fake slapped Ashton, forcing him to go give the crucified back to Evelyn.

Luke sat her into her seat gently, brushing hair from her face before turning to leave from the class and rush to his own.

Ashton wiggled his eyebrows, Evelyn slapping him before turning to their many art pieces. She had all of them collected in a pile, getting ready for her art exhibition coming up in the next few months.

The one she couldn't finish stood in front of her. Luckily, it was hidden from Luke's view: she didn't want him to see it so soon.

His blue eyes painted in the middle of black surrounding. It was beautiful.

"A paradox, a paradox," she mumbled to herself.

Then, the idea came to her.

The universe.

Around his eyes.

Often in painting, people paint the actual universe in the eyes of the painting. It's in all sorts of poems, novels.

The comparison of someone's eyes to the university, as if your entire world was in the eyes of your lover.

But the opposite.

She reversed it.

She painted blues, purples, flicking stars onto the painting.

There it was.

Luke's beautiful eyes in the center of the universe.

Because he was the center of her universe.

(this is the painting i thought of. I PAINTED THIS MYSELF!! please do not steal it! thank you) don't mind the copyright signs. i trust u guys so much, but i've had work stolen before! :)

The girl was so concentrated, focusing on her careful strokes that she didn't notice the people behind her

Her teacher cleared her throat behind her, turning her attention, "Wow Evelyn. This is beautiful."

She blushed nodding to her teacher. Ashton slapped her back with excitement. Evelyn groaned, the breath knocked out of her as she leaned down.

"Luke is going to love this!"