Ep 49: The Winter Knight! Free vs Lui

Start from the beginning

Now onstage the last two bladers competing for the first final spot were onstage: Free and Lui.

"C'mon let's go watch this with everyone else."

******

Walking onstage Lui felt ready, he had been training all morning for this battle doing whatever he could to be ready.

But standing before Free he didn't feel as ready for what Free had in store.

A shadow had fallen over Free covering his face but his eyes. Instead, his eyes were glowing golden with hints of purple.

His once tan skin was now pale and his hair was now a faded blonde. The boy standing in Free only looked like a shell of the former Legend.

"Free De La Hoya it's been a while."

"I could say the same thing to you."

Free's resonance started building up and a large ghostly Phoenix could barely be seen.

"Is this going to be a fair fight or are you going to have some help?" Lui asked looking up at the Phoenix.

Free was silent holding out his launcher.

"That's what I thought."

Free bent over and started shaking and started laughing like Phi.

"This is no longer about fun, Lui. Things have changed."

The Phoenix above let out a low inhuman noise as a warning.

Lui narrowed his eyes and held out his launcher.

"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"

Immediately both beys came flying into the stadium, colliding in the center and bursting.

'Not bad, Free it seems you've gotten stronger but you're not the only one."

Lui let his own resonance flair up around him.

"Look who finally showed up." Free said.

Lui let out a laugh, narrowed his eyes, and held out his launcher. Free did the same holding out his own launcher.

"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"

Once again both beys flew into the center attacking each other over and over. Lightning and sparks flew every and a cloud of destruction covered the battle. Once the cloud settled they collided again.

This time the wind was too much and Lui could barely see through it all, while Free stood on the other side watching everything playing out.

"Luinor!"

Through the wind Luinor rose attacking and knocking out Fafnir.

Free caught it at the last second while Lui picked up his own bey.

"I always knew Phi and Theodore were behind this."

Free looked up at Lui.

"Even before they tried to take me it was always obvious from the start but I'm surprised you fell for their tricks."

Free was silent.

"Well?"

Holding out his launcher Frees power began building up.

In the stands Valt felt his bey pulse golden.

Frees veins began to show and the Phoenix resided back and instead a ghostly Fafnir was starting to form.

"That look in your eyes I've seen it before..."

Free said nothing holding out his launcher.

"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"