XXIII - Jisoo

Don't forget to vote and comment!
***

The girls knew all the moves and steps so far, and we had two more days until the deadline hits and then they'll start preparing for the music video

The girls knew all the moves and steps so far, and we had two more days until the deadline hits and then they'll start preparing for the music video. But that also means I won't be seeing Hoseok and Lisa around the company

Opening the dance studio's door, I slipped inside without anyone noticing and watched from the far end of the room. Lisa was helping one of the girls a certain move they were having trouble in meanwhile Hoseok was going over the tiny details.

I sipped on my Iced Americano and sat on one of the stools. I made eye contact with Lisa for a split second, giving me a nod of greeting with a smile. My tongue fiddled with the straw of my drink before I clenched it between my teeth.

"Alright, why don't we review everything so far?" Hoseok spoke up, backing away from the girls. "Are y'all ready?"

The girls nodded eagerly and I edged towards the corner of my seat in excitement to view the full choreography. Within seconds, the music began playing and the two choreographers eyed each member.

"Smile." Lisa voiced out, pointing towards one of them who was doing the opposite.

As the song began to progress, I realized that the same member still wasn't smiling. Probably because she was more focused on the moves.

"Smile." Lisa's voice was more stern as she said so again, eyes narrowing. The girl began to smile brightly, pushing through and doing her best.

I nibbled on my straw, finding myself paying more attention to Lisa than the girls. The memory of Lisa and I on an evening picnic, that was yesterday, came to mind. She wore a cherry crop top shirt with high waisted jeans, and literary glowed under the setting sun.

How can one look so ethereal without even trying.

I suddenly giggled, remembering how Lisa tripped on her own feet and nearly spill our picnic food. God was probably warning us to cut down on the bakery stuff we had gotten.

"... to keep pushing through, until you're out of the camera's view. Well anyway, I believe that's it for today!" Lisa stated, clapping.

"Thank you," the girls bowed and began collecting their stuff.

I hopped off my stool. "Manager Lim will be taking charge of y'all now, for now go get something to eat at the cafeteria."

"Ne~"

I watched as they all left before turning around to the two choreographers. "Two more days left, huh?"

Lisa smiled proudly laced with a bit of sadness to have to leave soon. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Lisa, I need to use your car!" Hoseok suddenly exclaimed from behind them.

Lisa blinked, taken by surprised. "Wait wha—"

He plucked up her car keys from her bag before rushing towards the door but before he left he turned around and winked.

Lisa sighed, right after the sound of the door closing. I shifted my weight from one leg to another before using my thumb to point behind me.

"Want me to drive you home?"

———

"You don't like summer?" Lisa giggled besides me, as we walked towards my car.

I huffed, blowing my bangs aside. "No, why would it. It just makes me feel sticky with sweat and hot all day."

"I guess. What about summer activities? Going to the beach? Pool? Y'know, all that?!" She tilted her head to the side, giving me a straight line smile which I found adorable.

I shrugged. "That's nice and all, but I just don't have the time for it. I'm either working or sleeping under the air conditioner."

I unlocked my car with my keys and was about to pull the door open when Lisa tugged at my elbow. I glanced over my shoulder with a raised eyebrow in question.

She didn't say anything and just kneeled down, her slender fingers lacing itself with my shoelaces. "Y'know they say when your shoelaces get untied, you're close to your soulmate."

"Really? What an saying..." I said, my voice muffled by the back of my palm as I tried to hid the blood rushing to my face.

Ba-dump.