XLII - Lisa

Don't forget to vote and comment!

***

"What would you like?" A waitress questioned as she came by my table

"Oh, just three iced americanos. I'm expecting two people." I said, gesturing towards the seats in front of me.

She nodded, quickly jotted it down and went on her way. I stretched my arms a bit and placed my phone on the table, my eyes wandering out the window to the chilly, summer afternoon.

A slow song was playing in the background of the café and I felt at ease. It's been four years since Jisoo and I had officially gotten together and I'm not sugarcoat anything but there was a lot of difficulty with breaking the proposal up.

It turns out that Seokjin wasn't enough to break the engagement off, especially since they had realized what a business opportunity it would've been. But in the end, Jisoo had spoken to her father alone and I guess she had gotten through to him because he gave in and completely cut the proposal.

The two families weren't on bad terms afterwards however that didn't mean they were on good terms either. But, nothing we can do about it.

"Lisa!" A cheery voice hollered from the entrance.

Twisting my body, I smiled as I noticed Chaeyoung fast walking towards me with Jennie behind her with a sweet smile. They took their seats the same time the waitress brought our order.

"So tell me, what was it you wanted to talk to us about?" Jennie questioned once we all got comfortable.

"Well..." I shyly looked out the window and then back at my drink. "I've been thinking of proposing to her but I don't know where to start and what t—"

Immediately, the café was filled with the squeals of Chaeyoung and Jennie. I flushed and shook my head slightly, a grin beginning to spread across my face.

"Oh my god, I can't believe this is finally happening! Yes! You two catching our bouquet was the right choice!" Chaeyoung pecked Jennie on the cheek. "Where is Jisoo, anyway?"

"Oh, she's overseas for a week or two. (G)I-dle's promoting for their latest comeback plus the KCON is being held in New York." I informed them. "Which means, I have some time to prepare but I need your suggestions and opinions."

The two couple looked at each other then back at me.

"I'm not sure if we can be much of a help." Jennie began.

"Yeah, I agree," Chaeyoung seconded. "When it comes to proposing, it has to be something special that relates to the both of you. It doesn't always have to be expensive, extravagant or anything of the sort. As long as there's meaning."

"Think about it," Jennie smiled at me. "What are the little things that you've done together, with each other?"

I sat quietly in my seat, staring back with the couple while my mind kept going back throughout the years. Jisoo and I have been through a lot, bittersweet moments that we can look back on and laugh.

And to pick one out of so much is just—

"Wait," I pushed myself out of my seat and stood up. "I got an idea. Thank you so much, you two are the best!"

I gave them a ninety degree bow before rushing out of the café, my mind was racing with so much thoughts but I still didn't miss the way the married couple I left behind, began to giggle.

My smile turned itself into a grin as I jumped into my car. "You're in for a surprise, my Jichu."