XXXVII - Jisoo

Don't forget to vote and comment!

***

"Woah," I heard someone behind me, their firm arms coming around my waist to help me balance as they escorted me out into the cold night. "Looks like you're more drunk than I expected."

I squinted my eyes, attempting to see through my blurry sight but to no avail. They were taller than me, that I knew. Tilting my head backwards, my eyes into little slits I reached out and touched their face.

"And you are?" I inquired in a slur, the alcohol having already taken its effect since long ago. My fingers brushed against their chin and traveled up their jawline, the prickling feeling of a beard was evident.

"I'm taking you home, Jisoo." The mysterious male stated but I didn't know who he was, his facial features were blurred.

I shrugged and hang my head down. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

We kept walking for what felt like eternity and my legs were sore and screaming for a rest. I began to complain to the mystery man. "How much longer? My legs huuuurt."

"Just a bit more, my car's right there," He said, the arm around my waist tightening in a gentle way. "Say, Jisoo...?"

I still didn't figure out how this person knew my name? But I felt so tired, I couldn't bring myself to question so instead I hummed.

"I'm... I'm sorry for the way I acted before, I had a rough day and had to pull some strings so I could get home early," He let out a heavy sigh. "Whatever I said or anything wasn't meant, directly for you. I was annoyed at myself for having little to no authority in my father's company."

What was he talking about, it sounded like gibberish. I hummed in reply, once more. There was a beep of a car unlocking before I was softly placed into the warm interior of it. The mystery man placed something cosy like a small blanket on top of me and I didn't hesitate to snuggle into it.

"Jisoo," He calls out again, this time his voice was coming from my left. I didn't even hum at this point, I was so sleepy. His hand tickled my cheek as he curled it around my head and tangled his fingers into my hair. "This may have been an arranged marriage to the both of us, but I think I'm falling in love."

Something touched my lips and it felt like a ghost of it a kiss at first but then he deepened it, releasing a moan from the depths of his throat. I didn't respond to his kiss but instead furrowed my brows.

He seemed to take notice of my unresponsiveness and pulled away. With my eyelids still shut close, the corner of my lips tugged a bit upwards.

"Wow, Lisa's kisses were filled with just as much passion as yours. Maybe even more." I said throw a daze.

I didn't hear him say anything afterwards, nor did I feel any movements until a ghost brush of his hand was felt as he pulled a seatbelt around me.

"Let's go home, Jisoo."

The vehicle jerked alive and before I knew it, I was out like a light.

***

Damn.

I groaned around, both hands cradling my head as I rolled around. It's been a while since I got so drunk and had a hangover this badly. Opening my eyes up, groggily, I realised I was in my bedroom.

What time was it?

Pushing my cramped body up into a sitting position, I ran my fingers through my hair while my other hand reached for my phone.

11:19 A.M

“Oh, you're awake,” I heard a voice and turned to spit Seokjin by the door with a bowl and glass of water in his hands. "I was about to leave this by your bedside for when you wake up."

I stared at Seokjin in silence as he walked to my side to place the bowl of soup down. I looked at the time on my lockscreen again.

"Wait— Aren't you supposed to be at work?" I asked, my eyes widening in surprise.

"Haha, well yeah," Seokjin confesses, rubbing the back of his head as he slowly sat down on the bed, besides me. "But I called and said I'll be coming in late."

"Oh." I pursed my lips and averted my attention to my phone.

Did Seokjin bring me home last night or did Lisa? I couldn't exactly remember...

“Uhm, Jisoo?"

"Yeah?” I responded quietly and picked up my gaze.

"I'm sorry again, about last night. I was kind of moody and took out my anger on you." He apologizes, looking at me without averting his gaze.

His eyes were glossy and I knew his apology was genuine. But I don't see what he did wrong, I knew it was my fault to begin with by forgetting our anniversary.

"It's okay, Jin," I nodded to him, a small smile appearing. "I'm also sorry, for forgetting our anniversary and stuff."

"No need to be," Seokjin smiled widely before pecking my forehead. "So does this mean we good?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Why don't you have your soup before it gets cold?" Seokjin said, picking up the bowl and placing it in my hands. "Oh and I forgot to mention this yesterday when I got home, we'll be leaving for Jeju Island by the end of this week."