XXXIX - Jisoo

Don't forget to vote and comment!
***

Seokjin and I were sitting together side by side with both or mother's in front of us, at the table with cups of hot tea. They were currently discussing the wedding preparations and it appeared that they were more excited than us.

"Jisoo dear," My mother began, turning to me. "Have you decided what kind of flower theme your going for?"

"Well, I'm not really sure but perhaps—"

"Oh I know just the right flower theme! I'll send you pictures later, I'm sure you're gonna love it!" Seokjin's mother speaks up with a bright smile.

I pulled my lips into a pursed smile and nodded. "Of course."

"Oh oh and Seokjin, who was your best man, again?"

"Ah, I already asked Nam—”

"Namhyuk? Oh, that's splendid!"

Seokjin and I shared a silent glance before sipping our tea. This went on for a while with the both of our mothers disregarding our opinions and we chose not to say anything about it.

We had to stay for dinner which also included our fathers and luckily this time, our mothers nagged our fathers about the wedding while we quietly ate. I didn't even have much of an appetite and ending up leaving half the meal.

"We'll get going to our hotel room, now." Seokjin had spoken up, wanting to just get away as much as I wanted to.

"You're leaving so early, dear?" His mother sighed.

"Let the kids get some rest, they just arrived today." His father said, shooting us a sweet smile.

We bidded our goodbyes and soon enough I found myself in our hotel room. I groaned out as soon as I entered the room and flung myself, face first onto the bed.

"Finally free, if I heard one more question only for my answer to be ignored— I was gonna lose my shit." I ranted out to Seokjin who merely chuckled by the bedside.

"Our mothers are excited, I can't really blame them," He stated, shuffling with the keys in his pocket. "Hey so, uh, I gotta go and get something for my mother. I forgot she told me she wanted it, I'll be back."

"Oh—" Before I could get a word out, Seokjin and out the door and gone.

I pouted since I was now alone and by myself. Hugging a nearby pillow, I closed my eyes and sighed. Today was such a rush, from nearly missing our flight to having to endure our mother's excitement, I just wanted to sleep for eternity.

Plus it's the fact that I'm getting married. Ugh, even though I supposed to come to terms with this fact I just can't. But there's not much I can do so what's the use of complaining?

Let's not forget Lisa's call I recieved when I was in the car, waiting for Seokjin to return from the restroom. She literally interrogated me for my hotel name and room number before abruptly cutting the call.

Common sense would tell me that she's probably gonna pop up and a part of me is wishing that she would. She makes my heart race every time and it's true that I've caught feelings I never knew I would.

If only I was brave enough to talk with Lisa about what we were.

At that thought I heard a combination of three knocks on my hotel room door and jumped off the bed so fast that I tripped over the pillow I was hugging. Stumbling to my feet, I reach and open the door with a racing heart.

And there she was, standing with a heaving chest on the other side.