XXXV - Jisoo

Don't forget to vote and comment!
***

I was flipping through the pages of a comic that I picked up on my way home when suddenly the front door unlocked and in walked Seokjin with the biggest smile on his face

"Oh?" I pushed myself up into a sitting position on the couch. "You're home early."

"Mmmh," Seokjin kicked off his shoes and entered the lounge, coming up behind the couch before bending down and placing a gentle peck on my forehead. "Happy third anniversary, Jisoo."

My eyes immediately widened and I scrambled to my feet. "Oh my god, I totally forgot! Jin, I'm so sorry--"

"I figured as much but there's no need to worry and make a fuss about it," Seokjin chuckled. "I know how busy you're with work, especially since it's barely been two months since (G)I-dle debuted and the promotions are still going on."

"But Jin," I pouted and walked forward to give him a tight hug. "I'm still so sorry, I should've kept track of it. Happy anniversary."

Despite us being in an arranged marriage, we both knew there was no way of getting out of it so we came to an agreement to fake it til we make it. And since then we've just started to do the normal thing couples did, anniversaries, dates, etc. We were comfortable with each other, sharing kisses, hugs and even cuddles but we've never made a move to cross the line.

"Psst, guess what I got you?" Seokjin whispered in my ear, pulling away from the hug so he could see my face.

I blinked curiously as he dug his hand into the inner pocket of his overcoat and pulled out a rectangular shape box. He slid open the top and tilted it to show me.

"Ta da~" He cheered in a cute way.

"Oh my god..." My eyes rounded in awe as I stared at the red ruby necklace that laid in the comforts of the box. "Seokjin, it's beautiful."

He grinned at my speechless state before closing the lid over it. "I knew you'd like it, here, it's now yours."

He placed the box in the palm of my hand and kissed the top of my forehead, once again. "I'll get dinner started--"

"N-no wait!" I hopped off the couch, the rectangular box being discarded as I made my way behind Seokjin who was already in the kitchen. "I'll make dinner this time, it's the least I can do. I promise I'll make it up to you soon."

Seokjin shook his head with a little chuckle. "You don't have to worry about making it up to me but I will hold you up for the dinner. It's been a while since I tasted your cooking."

I usher him to go take a bath before huffing out as I stood in the middle of the kitchen, alone. I felt that guilty feeling in me starting to take large bites at me, making me feel even more terrible.

I shook my head and tried to get rid of the feeling by humming and reaching for an apron. It was time to start preparing dinner.

I was midway cooking when Seokjin arrived from his bath and this time, he wrapped his arms around me from behind as I made the stir fry dish. His body was warmer than usual because of the hot water he was just in and the fresh scent of his shampoo was more distinctive than before.