XLV - Jisoo

Don't forget to vote and comment!

***

Being shaken awake by Soojin, it had taken me several minutes to adjust to the thought that I was back home in South Korea, Seoul. Pulling my luggage behind me and out of the airport, I was about to jump into the same car as the girls when Himari stopped me.

"Why don't you head straight home? I'll see that the girls make it safely to their dorm." She said, shooting me a sweet smile.

"Oh no, it's okay. I'll come with—"

"Go home, eoni. Don't worry." Himari didn't give me a chance to explain or even get near the van before she closed the door and they drove off.

Huffing out a breath, I pulled out my phone look at myself in the front camera. Apart from my disheveled hair, I didn't look that bad. Shaking my head and running my hand through my hair, I made my way to the shuttle service area to get a ride home.

Lisa hadn't texted me yet so perhaps she's busy, maybe I could sneak up on her. I jumped a little at the sudden hoot of a car, next to me.

"Yo! Jisoo!"

Squinting, I peeked inside the car. "Seokjin? What are you doing here?"

He drove a bit more closer so that he aligned with me. "Your girlfriend couldn't make it so that's why she sent me. Jump in."

I didn't hesitant to round the car and get into the passenger seat. I'm still surprised at how close Lisa and Seokjin had gotten over the years, even the media knows of their strong friendship.

"What was California?" He began to make small talk while driving.

I nonchalantly nodded. "Same as always, beautiful beaches."

Despite everything that happened, there was no bad blood between us. We weren't best friend like him and Lisa but we were friends nonetheless.

"How's the family?" I asked, noticing the Kim family ring on his hand.

"They're doing good, mother's running around after I announced that I'm seeing Jihyo," He laughed. "I had to duck her away from my mother for a month."

"Oh please," I shook my head, smiling brightly. "You know she's just excited for you."

"Yeah I know," Seokjin and I locked at each other, that familiar expression. "She honestly just wants to marry me off, she believes in gonna die alone."

"I feel like Jihyo wouldn't allow that." I confessed, thinking of the prim and proper, girl he had met last year in a business party.

They both had fallen heads over heels for each other without even realising it until their third meeting. I feel like they really deserve their own story. My eyes catches on the road he passes, and frown.

"Hey, I think you missed the road. This isn't the way home." I informed head, looking back at him, I saw a pull of a smile at the corner of his mouth.

"I know that, but I was given orders of a different direction." Was all he said for the rest of the ride.

I leaked back in my seat and stared ahead, my anxiety spiking up. It was when he had made a sharp turn did I feel my breath catch. Outside, to my right is a beautiful field of sunflowers, lotus and cosmos flowers that runs for miles.

"I never knew of this place before." I said in a whisper, staring out the window.

He slowly came to a halt at a pathway that leads into the flowery field. "Your stop, m'lady. And don't worry about your luggage, I'll drop it off at your place."

Nodding, I jumped off. "Thank you, uhm, what—"

"Just follow the path and you'll find out." He gave me a knowing smirk before driving off, leaving me all alone.

Turning around, I gulped behind walking into the field. It was narrow pathway that took me a minute or two to near a clearing where a picnic blanket was spread out in the middle.

A basket was placed at the edge with all sorts of food and drinks surrounding it. It gave a perfect view of the orange setting sun and I began to look around for Lisa.