XXXIII - Jisoo

Don't forget to vote and comment!
***

I wrapped up the sandwiches that I've made with a plastic wrap and gently places it inside a basket that was to go into another bag

I wrapped up the sandwiches that I've made with a plastic wrap and gently places it inside a basket that was to go into another bag. Closing the lid, I bit my bottom as I turned around and ran my eyes over the kitchen. Trying to remember if I was forgetting anything.

My eyes land onto the wine rack that was on the counter, further away from me and I broke out into a smirk. I made my way towards the rack and picked out my favourite red wine. I should probably bring this along with me too, I have a feeling that Lisa may take a liking to it.

Lisa and I were having another picnic later on, today. It's starting to become our main thing, picnics, and our favorite spot was near the Han River. I placed the bottle of wine next to the basket and went to retrieve plastic wine cups rather than the glass ones.

And that was the cue of when my doorbell rang, halting me in my actions. Maneuvering through the kitchen, I made my way towards the front door and pulled it open.

"Eoni!" A bright voice exclaimed and I was greeted by an exactly bright smile on her lips. I smiled and opened my arms, signaling her to throw herself at me. To which I gladly accepted.

Chaeyoung and I sat down at the lounge and as I struggled to pop open a champagne bottle, she began to tell me everything that's been happening. Finally popping it open, I sat down next to her and poked at her cotton candy pink head.

"When did you she your hair?" I asked, pouring her a glass.

"Oh this?" She asked, grasping a fistful of it in her hand before shooting me a sly smirk. "Midway through our honeymoon, wanted to surprise Jennie so I dyed it."

"Oooooh," I nodded, running my hand through her soft locks. "It really suits you, no wait, all pastel colors suit you."

She smirked, tossing her hair over her shoulder before picking up the glass of champagne from the coffee table.

"So tell me, have you and Lisa been in contact after she was done choreographing for the girls?" She questioned so casually, taking a sip of her champagne.

At the mere mention of Lisa, my mind went back to the kisses we've shared and I instantly turn red. Chaeyoung glanced at me, waiting for an answer but she seemed to have caught on with my beetroot face.

"Oh my god," Chaeyoung hastily placed her glass down and twisted her body on the couch so that now she sat, facing me with a cushion on her lap. "You're blushing! Tell me, tell me everything!"

I pursed my lips before pulling the bottom one in-between my teeth. I debated whether I should tell her or not, but that was a dumb debate because it was a fact that I needed someone to talk to about this. Especially with that fact that I've felt more attracted to Lisa than Seokjin, despite believing I was straight.

I picked up my own champagne glass and got comfortable, readying to spill the beans to her. I told her almost everything, from the night of their wedding and Lisa giving me a ride home up until today with out picnic date due in a few hours.

Chaeyoung had pulled her knees up until her chest, snuggling her face in them as she took in everything I've said. With an empty glass in my palms and with pursed lips, I stared and awaited for her to say something and break the silence.

"One questions," She picked her head up and met my gaze before narrowing hers, suspiciously. "Did ya'll do the deed?"

"Wha—" I gasped in shock, my mouth falling ajar. "Chaeyoung-ah! What even— No, we did not. We haven't even had a make out session."

Chaeyoung broke out into fits of giggles and laughter. "Oh my god, I'm sorry I just had to! From what you've told me, all I can think about is that you're dating Lisa!"

I gulped. "Actually, I don't think we're even dating."

"What do you mean?" Chaeyoung's bright smile fell. "If y'all aren't dating, then what are you two?"

I sighed dramatically, slumping against the couch and sulked. "That's the thing, I don't know what we are."

Chaeyoung stared at me for a few more seconds and I swear I could hear the wheels in her brain, turning. She began to scoot nearer to me and rubbed my arm in a soothing matter.

"And there's also something else," She spoke, this time in a low voice. "You are to be married to Seokjin."

I groaned out loud in frustration, now that she had brought the thing I was avoiding. I ran my hand through my hair, letting out a breath of exhaustion.

"That's another thing, Chaeyoung. That's another thing..."

"But if you're truly developing feelings for Lisa, it wouldn't be right to stay with Seokjin," She then mumbled the rest, mainly to herself. "I mean, it wasn't right from the start since the both of you don't even like each other like that but the two of you are merely comfortable."

I smiled sadly at the thought, she wasn't wrong at all. Seokjin and her tried acting like a couple, they went on dates like a couple— all being done with this one quote in their mind; 'Fake it, till you make it.'

"There's no possible way I can break off this arrangement with Seokjin because of our families, you know how much I have tried in the past," I nibbled on my inner cheek, nervously. "And to top it all off, I'm not sure of Lisa's feelings for me."

"You're not sure? From what you've told me, I believe she has fallen for you, since day one," Chaeyoung pressed her back against the couch and stared straight ahead at the wall, with me. "I honestly don't know what to do with your family's wedding arrangement but my advice is to worry about that later and confess to Lisa."