XXXII - Lisa

Don't forget to vote and comment!
***

The sound of joyful children running around with their toddler friends was what the local park was filled off

The sound of joyful children running around with their toddler friends was what the local park was filled off. With adults and teenagers walking their dogs and talking to others they haven't seen in a while, Jisoo and I sat amidst everything.

On a bench with a tree looming up behind which provided us the right amount of shade. After Jisoo had walked up to me at the store, the only thing she did was smile and invite me out to the park. I was hesitant at first, with the fact of being in public but now that I'm here, I'm glad I came.

I still kept my bucket hat on and removed my mask, taking in the fresh air around us. Jisoo stretched out her arms in front of her, allowing a little groan escape her lips as she felt her muscles relax. I was about to speak up, to break the comfortable silence and apologize for not being able to take her calls...

... But a small pink and blue stripped ball had rolled it's way to my feet. I bent forward and plucked it from the grassy ground before picking up my gaze. A toddler walked towards me, shyly and a smile immediately spread across my lips.

"I believe this is yours?" I asked her, gently. Holding the ball up in my hand to show her. The little girl nodded and extended her hands, to which I placed it in. "Try not to run off too far from your parents."

I said, the corners of my eyes crinkling with the smile. The girl nodded her head and turned around to run off back where she came from. Sighing, I leaned backwards against the bench. I took a quick glance at Jisoo, noticing how the beauty next to me was nervously biting her bottom lip and shaking her right leg.

"Lisa," She suddenly spoke up, not daring to turn and look at me. I hummed in response, encouraging her to go on. "I... I'm not entirely sure of what's going on but if you're ignoring me because I had to leave so abruptly that day or perhaps I did something wrong with the kiss—"

"Jisoo, no," I breathed out, shakily. I sat upright now, watching with wide eyes as Jisoo gulped in nervousness. Did Jisoo really think that I've been ignoring her because of that? "That wasn't the reason for my actions, do you really think I'd ignore for that?"

Jisoo smiled lightly, at my statement. She finally turned to face me, her big brown eyes locking in with mine. "Then I'm glad we're clear about us."

I chuckled and leaned forward, knocking our foreheads together, lightly in a childish manner. "Like I could ignore my Jichu on purpose."

Jisoo giggled at the little gesture, opening her arms and allowed me scoot nearer and allow my head to rest on her shoulder. Her other arm that was around me, moved up and down my arm in a soothing manner.

"Then... It was because of the hate comments?"

I gulped, nodding my head. "Yeah..."

Her hand that was rubbing my arm stiffened and she gripped me tightly. "You shouldn't worry much about stupid idiots, I can't believe that people with these mindsets still walk these streets in the twenty first century."

"No, Jisoo," I tilted my head to the side, blocking my face from view and nuzzling my nose against her neck. "I could care less what they think about me being Thai... They're bringing up every single thing about me all because of the Seongwan Acid scandal."

Jisoo knew what I was talking about, I know for a fact that the girl has read up about it and was just scared to mention it to me. I waited in silence for Jisoo to say anything about it but she didn't, and that's when I pulled away from her arms.

"I didn't do it." Was all I managed to choke out, as my throat began to burn in dryness meanwhile my eyes became damp.

Jisoo stared at me with wide eyes, her hands instantly reaching out to cradle my face. "Lisa, oh I know. I know you didn't for a fact, because you can never be capable of such a horrid act. They wrongfully suspected you, merely because you were the last person in his caller list."

The tears sprung out and wiped at it fast, before it could roll down my cheeks. "It's just that, I lost a close friend to murder and while in the thick of healing I was then accused to be the one who ended h-his life— it was a difficult time, Jisoo. And the media made it worse and now it seems they're back at it."

"Sugarplum," Jisoo smiled at me softly with her new nickname for me, brushing strands of my hair behind my ears. "You're the toughest person I know, truly. Just like how you've managed to get through that time, I'm sure you'll be able to do so now. Remember that I'm here, and always will be if you ever need for anything."

I nod since I was unable to say form any words. Trying to lighten up the atmosphere, I tilted my head to the side and furrowed my brows in curiosity as I repeated. "Sugarplum?"

Jisoo giggled. "You're my sugarplum!"

And there she set my heart off.

Ba-dump.