XXXVIII - Lisa

Don't forget to vote and comment!

***

I let out a long exhale of breath as I tidied my red blazer in front of my car's rearview mirror. I was in front of the concert stadium where the MAMAs 2020 was being held at, and it being (G)I-dle's first, big awards that they were going to attend, I considered coming myself after getting an invite to show my support.

Meanwhile my main reason was, to see Jisoo. After noticing how drunk she had gotten at the bar, her phone rang and I recognised Seokjin's name so I answered in her place and requested him to come take her home.

I thought she would've been mad at me the next day, since the two did have a fight, but she just messaged me a, 'Thanks for last night, I had a lot of fun.'

I don't know what's going with me, really. One time I believe giving up on her was a good option for the both of us then the next thing I know, I just want to hold her and confess everything. I don't want her to marry him, there, I said it.

And I was going to do something about it because I knew she has the same feelings as me, even if it's just a little bit. I'm going to ask her who she would pick. Kinda cliche, right?

I get out my car and made my way inside, my heels clicking with every step I took. I managed to find (G)I-dle's waiting room with little to no help and helped myself inside.

"Hello~" I cheerfully greeted them, a bright smile appearing.

"Lisa-eoni!" The six of them exclaimed as they got up from the chairs and couch to greet me.

"Hey there, I thought I'd come by and support y'all," I started, my eyes subconsciously scanning the waiting room. "I mean, you guys have been nominated for Rookies of the year!"

They all began squealing in delight at the reminder. Suddenly the door behind me open and Hoseok's head popped inside.

"And look who's all dressed up," Hoseok teased, earning more squeals from them. "You girls look gorgeous, y'all are gonna take them by storm. Don't forget to have fun, too!"

I chuckled and elbowed Hoseok in his chest. "I didn't think you'd come."

Hoseok sighed. "Yoongi is in his studio, y'know how he gets when he's in the zone."

I snorted and began to look around the room, once more. Jisoo wasn't wasn't present with them but instead their other manager that I've met a few times and the makeup artists.

"Hey, where's Jisoo?" I inquired, curiously.

"Oh? Jisoo-eoni?" Miyeon was the one to speak up as one of the make-up artist brushed a cotton swab under her eye. "We heard that Seokjin-oppa and eoni's wedding is coming up by the end of the month and they left for Jeju Island a few hours ago.

"Jeju Island...?" I found myself repeating in a whisper.

Why didn't she say anything to me? Did she seriously just up and leave to get married with that guy who she always complained about? Huh, guess she never really felt anything towards me.

"Hey," Hoseok softly spoke besides me, he must've noticed my state because he gently tugged me back and away from the others. "I don't know what's going on in that head of yours but you better get your ass on a plane and tell her everything you've been bottling up. It's okay if she rejects you or not, because in the end you will not regret it."

I stared into Hoseok's eyes for a few passing, silent seconds as my own filled with glossy tears. He was right in a way. I should rather try than not try at all and regret this. Nodding, I wiped away my tears and smiled.

"Thanks, Hoseok." Giving him a quick hug, I sprinted out from the room and began to dial Jisoo's number.

"Hello—"

"Where the fuck are you? I want your exact location."