XVI - Lisa

Don't forget to vote and comment!
***

Don't forget to vote and comment!***

Fine, I'll admit it. I tried not to be sulky during the whole dinner. But there were times where I felt my brain just shutting off. I don't think Jisoo suspected anything was wrong though so I guess I did well?

Unlocking my car door, I began to take out her scarf when she stopped me by placing both her hands on mine and said, "Keep it, you can give it back to me next time we see each other."

I nodded and got into the car after her. The silence that hung in the air as I drove began to get a bit unbearable for me and I kept shifting in my seat. To think that she was to get married with someone she didn't feel any romantic attraction to is sad, but I guess that's how some wealthy families still work.

Wait a minute, Jisoo is from a wealthy family?

I raised my eyebrows in shock, now that I didn't know.

"Eoni, say—"

"Oh my, you're addressing me as eoni." Jisoo dramatically gasps next to me, causing me to chuckle.

"Yeah, I figured I haven't been respectful abou—"

"Nope, nu-uh! Go back to calling me by my name, you're making me uncomfortable and feel older than I actually am." She says, shaking her head before pouting. "Go back to calling me Ji."

"Haha, okay, okay," I took my eyes off the road and looked her dead in the eye. "Ji."

"Ah!" She squealed, suddenly covering her eyes and giggling. "You didn't have to say it with such seriousness. Ahhhh, my cheeks~"

A smile was now plastered on my face, the negative aura that I had before was slowly diminishing. "Anyway, what I wanted to ask was about your family. You haven't spoke anything about them except them arranging your marriage to this Seokjin guy."

"My family?" Jisoo repeated, mostly to herself. "Well, there's nothing special between myself and them. I'll admit, I wish we had a closer relationship but it's not bad either. We have a neutral understanding of things. I have an older brother but he's always been overseas, taking care of his own business. As for my parents..."

I watched her bite her bottom lip from the side of my eye. Before carrying on.

"My dad's the founder and CEO of the company I work at, I can proudly say that I'm a daddy's girl than a mommy's girl. Sure, he's strict my he knows when to act as a parent and when to act as my boss. Meanwhile with my mother, that's another story.

"I've always been in her bad books and she favors my brother more than anything. I don't have a lot of memories with her and usually see her on family gatherings and such."

I didn't know my mouth was open until I blinked. "I see, I guess some parents are like that. It's their selfish choices that effects their children's lives without them even knowing."

Jisoo chuckled. "Yeah, I really wished I had a mother role model to look up to while growing up. Say, what about your family?"

"Mine? Well, I don't know who's my biological father because he left when I was really young, but to tell you the truth. I'm happy and grateful for my stepfather. He's been much more of a father than anyone else. He's chef in Thailand along with my mother, they said they'll be visiting Korea one of these months. Perhaps you could meet them."

She smiled. "Ooooh, I'd like that."

"Annnnnd, we're here," I announced, pulling up by the gate. "Unfortunately."

She giggled. "We can hang out again, some time. Thanks for tonight, it was a delicious girl's night out that I needed."

I waved my hand by my face, shaking off her compliment. "Oh please, it's not like we even did anything fun. I promise you though, next time I'll make it worth it."

"Now I'm looking really forward to this next time," Getting out of the car, Jisoo waved bye at me before shutting the door. "I'll see at dance practice! Drive safely!"

Waving as she opens the gate and enters, I continue to smile and watch her as she struts away. With my chin resting on the stirring wheel, I let out a sigh. Even her silhouette is creates the perfect shadow.

Just as I started the engine again to leave, I noticed Jisoo being stopped by someone who outstretched their hand to the side. I was about to get out of my car and begin yelling when the two suddenly hugged.

It appeared like they exchanged a couple words before walking into the building and out of sight. Was that, perhaps her fiancé? That Seokjin guy?

I bit my bottom lip and reversed the car, getting out of the area. I took a deep breath and drove off, resisting the urge to glance back.