Christmas special

This is all like, future time zone type of thing. Also, because of the ending and stuff- this prolly ain't gonna happen lol. Maybe it will tho idk. Enjoy~
Also also- the reason this is a day early for people in the USA and places with similar time zones is because I promised a friend they would get a special on their Christmas Day

It was a quiet day for Logan, however, when wasn't it? Logan sighed, looking at the small plushie he had gotten as a present from Virgil a few years back. He smiled softly, standing and leaving the mostly shared room. Roman normally wasn't able to share the room, as it made them too anxious and scared. The group understood though. Remus especially. Remus had been there when it had happened to an extent. Logan walked down the staircase, greeting Virgil and Janus when he came down. He saw that Virgil was wearing his he/him band.

'Where are the others?' Logan asked. He knew Patton and Remus had been out getting dinner. And Roman was an unknown. Logan had figured that Patton and Remus should be back by now, and Roman, as Logan said before, was a unknown. Like x in a equation.

'Patton and Remus got caught in traffic, and, Romans wrapping a few gifts.' Logan chuckled, nodding. When they had all first met, Logan had shared how uncomfortable he was when they all had a conversation without signing. Especially when Virgil was having a vocal day. Now however, Virgil was completely vocal, only signing when talking to Logan or if Logan was around. Logan was okay with that though. He was happy. But, he did still wish to hear there voices. He always had wanted to hear Pattons laugh or Roman singing, both of which the others had great fondness of. Logan simply wished to hear the noises again. Instead of saying a thing, Logan nodded, grabbing some eggnog. He poured himself a small glass, noting they were almost out. Logan tapped on the counter before signing.

'Almost out of eggnog, I can get some tomorrow' Logan said quickly. Virgil nodded, moving to greet Roman who had just entered the room. Logan waved, Roman giggled as if he knew a big secret. Roman never had been good at keeping secrets. Logan rolled his eyes with a fond smile.

"'Where's Rem? Or Patton?"' Roman asked softly. Virgil just shrugged. Janus groaned.

"'All I know is we have to wait for them to open stuff and eat.'" Janus said with a huff. "I wanna see Logan's reaction" he mumbled. Logan didn't see what Janus had said, simply that he said something. That had been happing a lot recently. Logan just sighed with a roll of his eyes when his mind gave him cognitive distortions. Logan simply walked into the living room and sat down with a book while he waited. It was actually one of Virgil's work in progress. He had been working on the edits still, and was having Logan help edit. Logan smiled, remembering who the book had been based on. Virgil was planning on making a book about them all. But had started with Logan first, as Logan was the most open about it all. Well, technically speaking, Virgil had already written and edited his own, but didn't want to share it quite yet. Logan lost himself in the book.

He then felt a tap in his shoulder, he looked up with a slight jump, to see Patton and Remus. Logan sighed softly with a smile.

'Hello Patton.' Logan said with a small smile. Patton giggled, waving.

'"We can open gifts now!'" Patton said, excitement clear. Logan nodded, sitting on the couch and was joined by Remus and Virgil. Remus sat practically on Logan, while Virgil sat on the floor by Logan's feet, closest to the tree to pass gifts out as per usual. Patton and Roman sat on the floor by the tree, and Janus sat in the arm chair as he was cooking and had to keep and eye on everything. The gifts were passed out, everyone still giggling about Logan's gift, which they all agreed to give last. They all only had one or two gifts, as many paired up for gifts. Except for Roman and Remus, they always have lots of presents to give to the others, so it was normal for there to be many but this year was different, yet the same. As Logan watched everyone open their gifts, he felt a familiar tug on his heart. He smiled, knowing he was with everyone he needed. He no longer had to deal with his parents, and for that he was happy. Logan zoned back in when Remus shifted, getting up. As did Virgil. Logan looked up, confused greatly.

'So, we were thinking, and you know how you used to be really beat up about losing your hearing and still are sometimes?' Virgil said with a laugh. Logan nodded with a brow raised.

'We saved up money, and got a little money from a charity' Roman said, trying to his his giggle. Logan sighed.

'What did you five do?' Logan asked with a smile. Janus came into the room with a box.

'Open it, all questions will be answered' Janus said mysteriously, before laughing. Logan nodded, crossing his legs underneath himself, setting the box on his lap. He looked at the five with a questioning glance, before ripping the paper off. He opened the box, however, it was empty. He looked up confused. Patton giggled, asking something behind his hand.

'Have you heard of a cochlear implant?' Virgil asked. Logan shook his head slowly. 'It's a surgery that makes it so you can hear again' Logan gasped.

'I could hear again!?' He asked, getting up quickly. Virgil nodded with a laugh.

'You'd need to ask your doctor if it'd work for you or not but yeah, I can't see why it wouldn't, I mean, your heathy and have really nothing wrong other then some messed up ears.' Virgil quickly signed. Tears were brought to Logan's eyes at just the thought of hearing once more. It had been what, 10 years? He hugged the closest person, which was Janus. Janus, shocked, hugged back slightly. Virgil tapped on Logan's shoulder. 'We have all the money for it too, we could schedule the appointment tomorrow or something if you want?' Logan nodded, sniffling. Patton then joined the hug with a giggle, then Remus, Virgil, then Roman. They just held each other while Logan let all his frustration out. It had been a long time since he cried. But it felt good. He was finally going to hear their voices. He was happy.