Roman?

This is pretty short because the next few are gonna be leading into the endings I think, the next ones are just gonna be little bits from throughout the year. Uhhh- I hate this one but eh-

Roman sat down on their bed, watching as Remus stole the desk like always. The two probably should ask for another desk, but who cares. Roman sighed, looking over at the little snack they had. It was just a orange but still. They rolled their eyes, peeling the orange with a huff.

"So.... was Logan able to find you?" Remus asked, resting his head on his hand and looking at Roman. Roman nodded.

"He found me in a storage closet," Roman chuckled. "He helped calm me down..." They mumbled.

"That's good, I'm assuming you figured out he's deaf?" Roman nodded.

"To be honest I though he was mute or something" Remus chuckled.

"I just thought he was being an ass"

"Remus!"

"What?" Remus whined.

"Mom would be so disappointed" Roman groaned.

"That's why we aren't telling!" Roman rolled their eyes.

"Just do your homework"

Roman sighed, looking up at the large school building. They weren't looking forward to talking with the group. They didn't want a repeat of the other day.

"Roman?" Roman jumped, looking over to see Virgil nervously playing with their hoodie sleeves.

"H-Hey" Roman mumbled, looking at the ground.

"I- I'm sorry bout yesterday, I was kinda being a hypocrite to be honest- I uh- I freaked out a little bit too, when- you know Patton and Logan told me" Virgil stuttered out. Roman nodded.

"It's okay, I understand... it was just, you know, jarring, I went from thinking I didn't have soulmates, to finding out I did- do- to then finding out my best friends are them" Virgil nodded.

"We good?" Virgil asked. Roman nodded lightly.

"Pronouns?" Virgil chuckled.

"he/him" Roman nodded.

"Class then?" Virgil giggled with a shake of his head.

"Shouldn't we meet up with Janus Patton Logan and whoever else gets roped into our group?" Roman shrugged.

"I've never gone over with you, normally just left you guys to yourselves."

"Well your our soulmate, come on!" Virgil laughed, dragging Roman towards where the group normally was. Roman sighed with a smile, going over to the group.

"I'm not sorry!" Janus yelled when he saw Roman coming over. He slapped a hand over his mouth with wide eyes, turning to Patton and shoving his face in the others chest. Roman stopped short in confusion. Virgil glanced at them.

"Janus has something messed up in his brain where it forces him to lie, and if he can force himself to tell the truth some bad stuff can happen" Virgil explained, going over to rub Janus' back. Roman nodded.

"So take everything as a lie?" Roman asked. Virgil shrugged.

"For the most part yeah" Roman nodded, walking over and greeting Logan and Patton.

"It's okay Janus, I wasn't mad at you, or anyone really" Roman explained. Janus nodded, turning away from Patton and giving Roman a small hug.

"I'm not sorry" Janus mumbled against Roman. Roman chuckled.

"It's alright Janus, really, I'm not mad at anyone" Roman smoothed down Janus' hair, letting Janus stay there for as long as he needed. Janus ended up staying with Roman in a hug for all of the time before class, Roman didn't mind much, or really at all.

Roman chuckled as Janus slammed into them at lunch, latching onto them.

"Jan, I need to eat you know" Janus whined. "Okay okay, how bout you sit next to me and you can hold hand?" Janus nodded, taking Romans hand and letting them eat.

"You feeling okay Jan?" Patton asked. Janus shrugged.

"Janus I swear to fucking his, you've been relaxing... right?" Virgil said angrily. Janus looked away. "Janus!" Virgil scolded.

"I wanted to confuse a potential adoption couple" Janus mumbled. Roman squeezed Janus' hand softly.

"Jan, they should be okay when you lie"

"I didn't do those stupid sleepover things" Janus mumbled.

"I'm guessing it didn't work out?" Roman asked. Janus nodded.

"I didn't slip and they didn't get mad" Janus muttered.

"I'm sorry Jan" Patton said softly. Janus shrugged.

"Is it just part a, or is it part b too?" Virgil asked. Janus sighed.

"We shouldn't tell them about it all" Virgil nodded.

"Part A is the fact Janus gets really clingy, which, isn't really apart of it all but it's still something that happens. Then part b is massive head aches and sometimes seizures" Virgil explained. Patton nodded softly with a frown, and Roman looked at Janus, they leaded their head on them.

"I'm sorry for all that Janus" Roman muttered. Janus shrugged.

"At least we know about it now!" Patton said with a grin. "Well, if Logan was here, it's be better but, I can catch him up!" Patton giggled. Virgil rolled his eyes fondly.

"You do that Pat"

"Where is Logan anyways?" Roman asked.

"I think with his other soulmate or in his speech class" Roman nodded, finishing up their lunch. Life was getting better, they would be ok.