Remus gets slapped

Remus yawned, stretching with a groan. He looked over at Romans bed, seeing them already up for the day as usual. He rubbed his eyes, quickly getting changed and going downstairs to greet his mother.

"You sure you aren't hungry?" His mother Lily asked.

"I'm fine mom, I'll eat a bigger lunch like yesterday" Roman said with a small smile. Remus shook his head, waving at the two and grabbing two breakfast bars again.

"Okay.... well, get going, don't want you late or anything" she mumbled. Roman and Remus nodded, grabbing their bags and leaving.

"You are," Remus said firmly, "going to eat something for breakfast, your aware of that right?" Remus asked, passing over the extra breakfast bar. Roman nodded softly, looking at the bar in distaste. The two came up to the bus stop, and Roman tilted their head in confusion at the fact Virgil wore a dress today. Remus shrugged, who was he to judge someone if they wanted to wear a dress. Hell, he'd do it too if he had one. Virgil looked over at Roman, waving.

"Sup" Virgil said very softly. Remus tuned the conversation out for the most part, not really knowing Virgil and leaving Roman be. He did however listen to the conversation a little to make sure Roman would be okay. Ever sense what happened with Andrew, well happened, Remus has been thinking he wasn't a great brother since he didn't protect Roman from an obviously bad person. As the conversation took a turn to soulmates, Remus turned and stood with Roman protectively just in case the rumors somehow did spread that quick.

"I have four soulmates, which is pretty rare..." Virgil mumbled. Roman lit up.

"That's so cool! I have four too, for awhile I didn't think I had any though" Roman admitted softly. Virgil nodded.

"It must have been hard to think that you didn't have one, I mean, soulless people are extremely hard to find" Virgil hummed. Roman nodded. Remus noticed that Roman was starting to get nervous, as they were fixing their hair a lot, something that's only arisen lately.

"Do you play any sports Virgil?" Remus asked suddenly, changing the subject as fast as they could.

"Hm? Oh, nah, never could find a fun one that we have a team for, I mean, volleyball is fun but that's the only sport I'd play." Virgil concluded. Remus nodded, backing down slightly seen Virgil was relatively harmless from what he could tell at least. "What about you two?" Virgil asked.

"I played football for awhile! Do you guys have a football team?" Roman asked quickly, before realizing the two schools had a game against each other just that year. "Wait- nevermind, we played you guys" Virgil snickered softly. And Remus glanced over to see Roman smiling and laughing a little too.

"Good thing you knew, I wouldn't of been able to say. I mean, Patton cheerleads for a lot of the sport teams, but I've been to so many different games because of it I wasn't sure" Virgil laughed.

"Patton cheerleads?" Roman asked softly. Virgil nodded.

"Yeah, why?" Virgil asked firmly.  The bus rolled up, stopping with a loud noise.

"I didn't know it was aloud! That's really cool" Remus got on the bus after the other two, and Roman sat with Virgil to continue talking. Remus sat alone, but didn't mind much. It gave him a time to clear his thoughts, mostly try and clear his intrusive ones at least, so he could get through the day.

As Remus got off, going into the school, he waved bye to Roman who waved back with a grin. Remus smiled softly, walking to the class that was tucked away in a short hall. He opened the door softly, as to not startled anyone. He glanced at the only other student, who was reading a book. The teacher was yet to show, so Remus greeted the student. However, Remus got no response and so he huffed, sitting in his seat and fiddling with a cube that Whitney had let him keep from the other day. The other student looked over at Remus, so Remus tried to greet them once more.

"Hey, I'm Remus, what's your name?" The other looked at Remus, seemingly blank. The other turned away again, looking at the door. Remus glared. How dare they? Remus was trying to be nice for once! Remus huffed, standing up to take a walk before he got too mad at the other. As he left, the other looked at him so Remus flipped him off, what he wasn't expecting was the other to stand and slap him with a glare. Remus held where it stung, and the others eyes widened, looking at Remus' hand.

"What?" Remus scoffed as the person looked away, rubbing a fist over their chest. Remus guessed it was sign, but didn't know what the sign was. "I need to take a walk" Remus muttered, passing the teacher. Thomas looked over in confusion, but knew that Remus just needed a break. Remus huffed, sitting in an alcove to calm down. He sat there for at least five minutes before returning to the class. It was then that the intercom came on, and his teacher, Mr. Sanders started to write what was said on the board.

"Good morning students! Just a reminder that the theatre is getting ready for its next show soon! Sign up in the office or talk with Mr.Ash to sign up. Thanks, have a great day" Mr Sanders finished writing, stepping to the side to let the other read. Remus glanced over in confusion, couldn't they just listen to the intercom? The other nodded, and Thomas erased the board, quickly giving the two some worksheets.

"'Now, this is just a small test to see what you already know in our next unit, and you can't just put I don't know, make an educated guess.'" Remus nodded slowly, wondering why the teacher had been signing, or what he guessed to be sign, the whole time, but shook it off as nothing, just turning to the worksheet, focusing as best he could so the words and numbers wouldn't bounce and distort.

Remus struggled through the small test, watching as the other did it quickly. Remus sighed, holding onto his pencil tightly.

"Hey, Remus, it's alright" Thomas said, stepping over to the boy desk. "Some things aren't the same for everyone, I know you know some of this stuff, so what's going on?" Remus huffed.

"The words and numbers bounce around and shit" Remus mumbled, rubbing his eyes to try and clear the distortions. Thomas nodded, before softly reading the problem out for Remus. Remus' eyes widened, finally understanding what the question was, and quickly filled it out. Remus smiled softly as Thomas read the next one.

Maybe this school wasn't so bad after all.