Remus Helps Out

IVE WANTED TO DO REMUS' POV FOR AGES FINALLY

Remus sulked his way home. He was still confused about his sisters change back, and just wanted life normal again. Remus gently touched his face, where one of his marks laid. He sighed, wishing he could give one of his marks to his sister.

"Remus?" A soft voice called. Remus turned quickly, it was Rose, and a male- it wasn't Andrew, Remus had seen him around school, Remus let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey Rosey" Remus teased. He didn't care that he was meant to be mad anymore, he just wanted to spend time with his sister again. The male, glared and smacked his leg with a sigh. Remus tilted his head.

"Tics," He explained. "Your Rose's brother right?" He asked. Remus nodded.

"Why?" Remus asked.

"Well your sister needs to go home, if she wants to explain what happened that's fine but I won't share if she doesn't want me to."

"Could you just give him a rundown so he could tell mom?" Rose asked shyly. Whitney nodded lightly.

"Rose was raped by a dickwad called Andrew, I'm sure you've met him" Whitney scoffed. Rose flinched while Remus growled and opened his mouth to say I told you so.

"Don't- I'm not up for it right now" Rose said, holding her arm tightly. Remus frowned with a nod.

"I'll kill him" Remus whispered.

"Don't" Rose growled. "You may hate him but he's good, I promise" Remus sighed, only now realizing the other male had disappeared.

"Let's get home, yeah?" Rose nodded. Remus places a hand on her back, Rose flinched away. Remus stared taking his hand away, before looking away.

"Where's your bag?" Remus asked.

"School"

"Shouldn't we like, report it? The you know-"

"No" Rose said simply. "He was just upset. I'm fine" Remus nodded.

"Rose?" Lily, the two siblings mother, questioned. "Oh my baby's home" She cried as Rose nodded. She engulfed Rose in a hug, "oh goodness your hair, it's long enough to braid, would you like that? The braid crown I did when you were young?" Lily said quickly. "Oh nevermind that!" Her mother gave her another hug. Rose flinched lightly. "I love you sweetheart" Lily gasped, backing off, "let's make you food, your too skinny my dear"

"I'm not hungry, thank you though mom" Rose said kindly. Remus looked at her, knowing that her stomach had been grumbling on the bus ride home. Rose shook her head, Remus raised his hands, walking to the shared room.

"I can braid your hair up for tonight, would you like that?" Lily asked nicely. Remus heard from the stairs. Remus shook his head, walking into the shared room and sat on his bed. Well, it was Roses bed as he needed a form of comfort from the other while she was gone but couldn't think of anything other then sleeping on the her bed. Remus quickly made the bed, going back to his own and getting to work on his school. He sighed as he started the papers.

"Rem?" Rose asked light, trying to not disturbed the other as Andrew had always beat her if she did. Remus glanced up, waving.

"Hey Rosey" Remus said, trying to keep his focus on the paper in front of him. He didn't see Rose flinch at the nickname. The letters on the page had seemed to move, bounce, maybe scattering around the page, as if the letters were playing a game only they knew. Rose said something, Remus knew it, but he was trying too hard to read the simple question to answer it however.

"Remus?" Rose asked once more. Remus' head shot up.

"Yeah?" He asked nicely. "Sorry, the words are bouncing around" He explained. Rose nodded.

"Can we watch a Disney movie?" She asked shyly. "We don't have to! I was just thinking, I don't really care never mind!" She said quickly leaving the room again. Remus tilted his head, getting up and following her out of the room.

"Hey" Remus said, Rose flinced Turing around quickly. "Are you sure you don't wanna watch a Disney movie?" Rose nodded. "Oh- can I talk to you about something then?"

"Uh- sure?" Rose said. She froze. "That was really rude of me I'm sorry"

"Ro- can I call you Ro still?" Rose smiled lightly at the reminder of her old nickname, and name in general. Rose nodded. "Okay- you don't ever have to apologize to me, you know that right? I'm you brother- not like, your dad or something- ew- that would be weird" Remus rambled. Rose giggled slightly, sitting on her bed while Remus sat in his. "Are you sure, you wanna go back to being Rose? You were so happy when you got your binder or when we cut your hair, or when we changed your name in the school system!" Rose smiled at all of those memories before shaking her head.

"No, I'm sure. Andrew had even said I was just faking it for attention, and he was always right." Rose elucidated quickly.

"Wait- hold on." Remus paused. "What made you think you wanted to go back to Rose?" Rose shrugged.

"Andrew said I seemed happier when I was dressed more girlish and he said that I was a girl, simple as that. I believe him, I mean I guess I seemed happier" Rose shrugged as if what she had said was nothing. Remus sputtered.

"You know how unhealthy that sounds. Right?" Remus was at a loss. Rose shrugged.

"I mean- I guess so

"You just heard yourself, right?" Remus asked astonished.

"Yeah? Why-" Rose cleared her throat when she went into her lower register, the one she did when she still went by Roman. "Why?" She said in her higher voice.

"Doesn't that sound like, really bad for someone's mental health?" Remus asked, leaning forward. Rose shrugged. Remus sighed, an idea coming to mind. "Let's say, hypothetically this was my situation. Alright?" Rose nodded, Remus cleared his throat. "I was just raped, I used to be non-binary, however my boyfriend said I was female, I'm still with said boyfriend, and I'm fine with it because he was just upset" Remus said. Rose shook her head.

"That doesn't sound healthy" she sighed.

"It's literally your story-" Remus said with a laugh.

"I'm aware!" Rose said loudly. "I just, I don't know! Maybe he is right, I don't know, I just," Rose paused. "I feel broken, that's all I know alright?" Remus shook his head.

"You had said the same thing before you found out about being non-binary, but when you identified as non-binary you felt right again, at least that's what you had said, why does Andrew change any of that?" Remus asked. "You could always try putting your binder on, we could cut your hair again if you want, and if you don't like it, we can just drop it" Remus could see how unhappy Rose was when someone said she or used the Rose name, he just wanted to help.

"I don't know where my binder is" Rose whispered.

"That's alright, we can get you new one right? Or what about the other one you had? The black one?" Remus said kindly.

"It's in the closet I think, I don't know" Rose said, curling up.

"You don't have to, it's just, you were so happy to get the binders to begin with." Remus explained getting up.

"I'm willing to try it" she mumbled. Remus nodded, grabbing the binder from the others closet. He threw it over to Rose, she glanced at it before smiling lightly. "Thank you Rem" Rose whispered before disappearing into the hall bathroom. Remus smiled, maybe he did help.