Janus finds two more

Janus was sitting at the normal bench, having watched Virgil be dragged off by a boy named Patton. This was pretty normal. People who saw fights going down would come get Virgil, drag them off, and Janus normally wouldn't see them until the end of the day. Key word normally. Today however, Virgil had come back. With two others in tow. The boy, Patton was with him. His face was faced away from him, talking to who Janus knew to be Logan. Logan was known really by none, unless you were basically the kid that knows everyone, which was Janus. Janus most of the time used all the information he knew about others for good. Anyways. It seemed as Patton was signing to Logan. It was broken however, some words were spelt out while others were the actual sign. Janus smiled, it looked like Patton was learning for Logan. Janus looked over at Virgil. A small smile coming onto his face. He loved his best friend, but Virgil didn't seem to feel the same. He was upset about it, yes, but he could care less. If they were meant to date, fate would push them together. He then looks to Patton and Logan. They were his other soulmates. He knew it for a fact. He wanted to tell them, but wasn't sure how they would react. So he kept quiet. Logan glanced at him, eyes widening when he saw the scars on Janus' face. Janus looked down. He assumed that Logan was scared or disgusted with him. With him looking down, he didn't see that Logan had also looked to his hand, smiling wide. He quickly looked to Patton, saying something. Patton paused, confused. Janus saw him look over at him, smiling wide. Janus confused, focused on Virgil. They were digging in their bag, looking for something. Patton and Logan were finally close enough to talk.

"Why hello, it's awful to meet you" Janus said without noticing the lie. Virgil looked up,

'Wrong word' They signed to Janus. Janus looked over.

"Shoot, sorry, it's nice to meet you guys" He said, correcting himself. He looked to Logan, who was trying his best to read Janus' lips. At least that's what he assumed. Janus was guilty, he forgot about Logan. He quickly signed what he said the first time corrected. When he signed, he had no problems saying the truth. Logan smiled.

"That's alright! We all mix words up sometimes!" Patton said quickly. Janus was smiling shyly, signing what was said for Logan. Janus looked at Patton. He saw the scars that plagued both his and Pattons face. His eyes went wide in shock. He knew they were soulmates, but he didn't know that Patton would now have to be ruined by his stupid scars. His hands fell. He looked down.

'Janus do you have any granola bars?' Virgil asked. Janus looked into his bag, throwing one to them. Virgil smiled, opening it quickly, chewing on the corner of it. Virgil sat on the table with him.

"How are you all?" Pattons voice piped up.

"I'm fine" Janus said, not correcting the lie. No one would know anyways.

'Adequate' Logan said. Virgil just shrugged. We all sat in silence for a bit.

'Alright since no ones talking, how about we address the elephant in the room' Virgil said nudging Janus. He groaned.

"Fine, Patton," He started, pulling the shoulder of his shirt down, "We're soulmates as is clear from the scar on your face" He said sadly. Janus was signing the whole time. Mumbling a apology under his breath, Patton nodded not hearing the apology. He seemed to be bouncing with excitement, almost like he wanted to do something but was holding himself back. 'Logan, were also soulmates' He showed him his wrist where his name was.

'Yes, I would hope so seeming as you have a string as well' Logan said looking back to Janus' hand, where He had suddenly seen a red string. Patton squeals suddenly,

"I have two awesome soulmates!" He says happily. Logan looks to him, confused. All he really saw was Patton bouncing. Janus chuckles these idiots are his soulmates. He wonders if either is a soulmate of Virgil too.

'Wait, how does this work? Do we start dating? Wait for feelings? This is just confusing. I've never heard of people getting multiple soulmates.' Logan says rapidly to himself. Janus looks at him concerned. Virgil seems to notice his stress. Virgil quickly gets up, stoping Logan's fast hands.

'Calm down, you guys will figure it out' Virgil signed slowly.

'Is you mean right? You have a string,' Logan paused. Janus and Patton look to him confused. 'Wait you have a string, oh my god.' Logan starts pacing, pulling at his hair once and awhile, other times signing to himself.

"Are none of us going to try and stop him?" Janus asks. Patton looks over to him.

"He does this every once and awhile, it's best to let him pace." Patton says concern coating his voice. Logan suddenly stops, looking to his watch.

'Class is starting' he says to himself. He turns to the others, realizing they don't have the same classes as him. He gives Patton a hug, waving bye to Janus and Virgil, and leaves quickly. They all sit in awkward silence for awhile.

"How about we get to know each other?" Janus says sitting down at the table like a normal person. Virgil continues to sit at the edge, while Patton sits across from Janus. "Janus," he says extending his hand to Patton.

"Patton as you know" Patton giggling. The three people sat and talked for what seemed like ages. They all grew close in that hour. Patton had to leave at some point, giving a hug to Janus and Virgil before leaving. Janus figured he would be happy with them.