Roman goes to a game

Roman sulked through the hall, people yelling many things. They were wearing a scarf that went up and around the bottom of their face. A leather jacket hugged their figure as well. They were lonely, obviously. No one was their friend anymore. They had quit all after school activities. Like theatre, art club, they were going to quit football too, but Remus said they had to keep something. So they kept the thing people couldn't really recognize them for.

"That's the freak without a soulmate!" Someone whispered.

"I heard he doesn't have one!" Someone else said.

Roman had accidentally bumped into someone,

"Don't touch me soulless!" The person shouted. Roman quickly ran off. They didn't want to get into a fight. They sighed, they hated this all. They wanted to move to at least the other side of town. They didn't care where, they just wanted a fresh start. They shook their head. They had to focus, they had a game later. It was against the school across town too.

Classes passed normally. There were a few comments that Roman would pretend didn't happen but that wasn't the point. They left for the lockers, getting ready quickly. The boys locker room was nothing to mess with. They boarded the bus, along with the cheerleaders. They were all preppy girls who thought their shit didn't stink. They knew the bus ride was going to be long and boring. So they texted Remus the whole time, their only friend. Remus had a feeling things were going to get better. He just had an inkling he said. Roman was sure Remus knew something they didn't. He played on his phone for awhile, the bus ride was going to feel long, yes but wasn't actually all that long. It was just a half hour at the most.

Roman day on the bench. They weren't really aloud to play anymore. Everyone basically refused to play on their team. They were just an extra now, someone who never went out. The game went fine. Their team losing unfortunately. They didn't actually pay attention, they were watching the rival schools cheerleaders. There was what Roman assumed was a boy, in the cheer squad. He was most definitely hot by all means. However, in a innocent way. They walked off the field, walking to another boy. Roman frowned, the boy already had someone it seemed. Besides, who would want them? A soulless freak. All that they were. Were they even a they? These thoughts ran through their head the whole game. When it was over, they met up with Remus. They both had some laughs and they went to grab some food nearby.

"Did you see that cheer boy?" Roman asked Remus.

"No? What did he look like? Was he hot?~" Remus said, stretching the word hot.

"He was hot in an innocent way but my god, he was unfortunately taken I believe though" Roman said sadly. Remus sighed. It was a pity to admit he could have done more then just sitting. Remus seemed lost in thought, so Roman looked around the place. Little did they know, a certain pair was in the same restaurant, looking for their next soulmate.