The day Remus got his mark

Remus woke up, bouncing with excitement. He looked around the room, looking around for his sibling. He didn't see Roman and assumed they were already up. They were both getting their marks today! Remus could care less what Roman got, he was just excited to see what he got. They were both unfortunately born late at night so Remus assumed he had to wait for later that night. He knew that some got it on the day of their birth day and some go it on the exact time they were born. Remus' family normally got it on the exact time but Remus had hopes. He jumped out of his bed, making many things crash and bang to the floor. He laughed and went to his closet. He pulled out his normal clothes, some ripped jeans, a black tank top that he would put a green hoodie over later. He rushed to the bathroom next to the shared room, throwing all his clothes off, looking for his marks. He looked in the mirror first. He saw nothing, and sighed searching the rest of his body. He found that he would have to wait for later. Well, until after school. Remus lugged himself into the shower after finding out this fact. Turning on the water hot, scalding even. The sound of water helped Remus calm down, even calming his thoughts for a little. He knew when he got out of the shower they would resurface however. He washed up and stepped out, drying himself thoroughly. The he slipped on his clothes and brushed his teeth, since he never really ate breakfast. He tumbled down the stairs, crashing at the bottom. He giggled as his mother came rushing over.

"Are you okay Remus?" Worry coating her face. Remus just giggled and nodded.

"Where's Roman?" He asked standing up. His mother pointed to the kitchen sighing. Remus ran in, almost tackling Roman.

"Hey RoRo! We're getting our marks today!" Remus said excited. Roman chuckled and pushed Remus off.

"We're only getting those after school. Calm down" They said even though they were extremely excited too. Remus grabbed his bag while Roman ate their toast quickly. They both were ready to go in just a few minutes.

Remus laid on the ground at the bus stop. They were the only two people who actually were picked up here. There were more kids but they all had cars now. Most of the kids in this neighborhood were rich, so Remus and Roman were out of place. Roman pushes Remus with their foot a bit.

"Get up, the bus is almost here" Roman said annoyed with Remus already. Remus did as he was told, not caring to get the dirt off his clothes.

They both arrived at school, both going opposite directions. Remus was in a 'troubled students' homeroom. Let's be real, it was the special ED kids. Remus wasn't special ED. He knew that, but because of his intrusive thoughts, he was put in here. He had stayed back freshman year because of it even. So they threw him in here. He slumped into his seat. Hoping that this day would pass quickly so he could see Roman again.
'They're probably dead right now' Remus thought. His eyes widened in shock. Yes he knew he had intrusive thoughts but they always scared him.
'They're bleeding out on the floor, and you aren't there to comfort and help' Remus shook his head, gripping his head tightly. He shakily raised his hand.  A ED tech came over.

"What's up Remus?" He asked.

"Roman" Remus whimpered out. The Ed tech, Mr Mike as they called him, nodded.

"Their okay, don't worry."

"Their dead, a-and I'm not there" Remus whimpered again. Mike pulled out Remus' phone from his bag. Quickly typing a message to Roman. The text back was almost instantaneous. He showed to Remus, showing that Roman was okay. Remus nodded slowly, thanking the ED tech. He put away his phone and kept his eyes down on his desk with his arms crossed. Tears threatened to fall but he wouldn't let them.

The end of the day had finally come. And Remus bounced after Roman. Who was equally as excited to get home and find out that's they got for a mark. They sat on the quiet bus for what felt like too long. Roman at one point looked at Remus.

"Rem, you got something on your face" they said. Remus looked over in confusion. Roman pointed at their own cheek, signaling that was where that something was. Remus wiped his check. When Romans eyes widened he thought something horrible.

"Re, it's you mark!" Roman giggled happily. Remus smiled.

"Wait until we get home for yours!" Remus said. Neither knew what they would find, or the lack of that, when they got home. Remus has found two marks, while Roman, had none.