Roman makes progress

So- I use an app to decide who ima write when I can't decide and it gave me Roman- I apologize for the large amount of Roman chapters-

TW- Struggling to eat? Intrusive thoughts ig?

Roman sat blankly in the hospital bed, they had a schedule that they had made from them. A 'decent' as they put it breakfast, another 'decent' meal for lunch, and a bigger dinner. Not to mention the snacks that were in between each meal. Roman just wanted to cry whenever food came in. It was only the second day, and Roman had already broken down eight times just from the sight of the large amount of food. Now, they knew that it was probably a normal size meal, but that didn't stop the fear.

You'll get even more fat if you eat that

That was the thought whenever a meal came in. Like now, they had been staring at the food in the plate for over fifteen minutes. The nurse in the room kept trying to push them to eat, but every bite stuck in their throat. They wanted to get better, so Remus wouldn't be so mad, and so that their friends wouldn't have too worry, but it was hard. Not to mention the white of the room and the blankets and the sheets and everything, made them feel trapped.

"Roman, you have to eat, you can't go home until your stable" The nurse reminded. That was the same line that was spoken over and over. Roman nodded, wiping away the tears and taking another bite of the chicken pasta. They cringed at the feeling of it in their mouth, it was too many calories, they were doing to get fat.

"Roman?" The nurse asked. "Your alright, just a few more bites and we'll call it good, alright?" Roman nodded softly, eating a few more small bites. The nurse sighed but nodded. "I never did say how big of bites" She took the plate away, and left Roman alone, in the white room, with nothing to do.

A knock came from the door after about an hour or so, Roman knew it was going to be Remus, it was the time school got out they were now eating some peanut butter crackers and had a cup of water. The crackers felt like sand, or sandpaper, Roman couldn't figure out which.

"Hey Ro, is it okay if some friends from school come in too?" Remus asked, staying by the door. Roman shrugged, curling up a little. They probably didn't know Remus' friends anyways, so it wouldn't matter. "Okay, it's just two of them" Roman nodded, struggling to eat the crackers that they only had three of. Two people walked in, and Roman instantly realized it was Janus and Virgil.

"Hey Roman!" Virgil waved. Roman shrunk into themselves slightly.

"H-Hey" The whispered.

"How are you doing?" Janus asked with a soft look.

"Apparently better then I was" Roman mumbled, they felt like it was worse, but they knew that the nurses and doctors would be shoving more food down their throat if they weren't.

"What happened?" Virgil asked, Roman watched as Remus flared. Roman took another painful bite of the cracker, one down, two to go.

"I wasn't eating enough I guess" Virgil paused, as did Janus. Roman just shrugged, glaring at the two crackers with such a hate that even the others could see it. Virgil moved towards the bed first, softly rubbing Romans back.

"That's alright, as long as your getting better now right?" Roman nodded softly, that was another annoying thing everyone had been saying. They sighed, taking the other cracker and staring at it Virgil urged them on, saying it was alright. Roman nodded, taking half a bite. Virgil smiled. Janus came over, taking the last cracker. Roman glanced at them in confusion.

"Whatttt? Your struggling with those two, and to be honest, I know these are some of the driest crackers on earth, I'm doing you a favor, as long as you promise to eat more for the next meal" Janus said. Roman nodded.

"You can't do that Janus!" Virgil groaned. Remus snickered, walking over to Roman as Virgil went to fight the cracker out of Janus' hands.

"I like your friends" Remus grinned. Roman nodded softly, watching as Janus shoved the cracker in his mouth, eating it quickly.

"Fucking hell, those are drier then the damn desert" Roman laughed softly, nodding.

"I have to eat those every day" Roman mumbled.

"Mom said if you do good today the doctors will let you go home, but we have to make sure you continue to eat three meals"

"I'll make sure Roman eats at lunch!" Virgil called out. Roman chuckled.

"Thanks Virgil" They muttered softly.

"What do you even do all day? There's no tv in here, and last I knew you didn't have your phone" Janus asked. Remus nodded.

"I stare at the wall, listen to the heart monitor and slowly lose my sanity" Roman said blankly before laughing.

"Damn! Your emo too!" Janus yelled. The group laughed loudly, and Roman realized that if these were the people they needed to get better for, then it was worth it. To hell with Andrew, to hell with their own idea of 'perfect' if they could not be hungry all day and not have to cry themself to sleep, but keep these two friends at least, they would be happy.

"When you get back to school we have big news for you Roman, but me and Janus got to go, Pattons been texting non stop asking how you are" Virgil said softly, going over to Roman to give them a hug, Roman flinched, but hugged Virgil regardless. Janus then did the same.

"Why didn't Patton just come with you guys?" Roman asked.

"Something about too many visitors in the room" Janus sighed.

"Patton could come over tomorrow if you don't get let out though!" Virgil mentioned. Roman nodded softly, waving goodbye as the two left.

"Sooooo, which one is cuter? Which one you gonna date is a better question." Remus asked as soon as the door closed.

"Remus!"