Rose talks with Remus

Trash man- Hey Ro, I'm sorry for the other day, day after Valentine's Day I think it was. I was just upset about not having you home. Me and mom really miss you being around. Dinners are really quiet. I really miss you Roman.

Rose paused as Andrew took the phone reading the text.

"You gonna tell him babe? I mean, he doesn't care but still, saves you from the hurt of being misgendered constantly right?" Andrew said with a smile, as if he was actually helping. Rose nodded, pulling at her hoodie.

Disney nerd- It's Rose again

Rose cringed at the simple text Andrew sent.

Trash man- Oh ok, she/her pronouns?

Disney nerd- Yeah

Rose wiped at her eyes, she knew that Andrew was right about just faking being non binary for attention but it still hurt. Rose wasn't sure why it hurt to be called Rose again. But it did.

Trash man- can I tell mom for you or do you want to wait?

Disney nerd- I guess so

There was a long pause before Remus texted back. Rose took the phone back in that time with a glare from Andrew.

Trash man- are you okay? Like, you seemed upset the other day...

Disney nerd- I'm fine, just upset cuz I couldn't sit with Andrew is all

That was true, but Andrew didn't even know that Rose had sat with Remus. Andrew looked at Rose, sitting up. Rose gulped, turning to her phone when a notification came in. She let a breath out, reading the text quickly.

Trash man- when are you coming back home? Mom and I miss you a lot

Disney nerd- probably not for a long time

Rose sent the text before the phone was knocked from her hand.

"You sat with him!?" Andrew screamed. Rose nodded.

"I didn't know who to sit with I'm sorry" She said, panicked. Andrew growled.

"Next time, you sit by yourself if it comes to it, got it?" He growled. Rose nodded quickly. "Now, go be useful for once, and make dinner" Rose nodded, scrambling away from the bedroom and Andrew.

Rose sat down on the bed, she had just made dinner for Andrew, knowing that she shouldn't have any as she was fat enough already. She rubbed at her arm, wishing she was home. No, that was silly, her mom and brother could care less about her, so why should she want to go home? She just wished she could talk with someone without Andrew knowing which felt wrong in the first place.

"I'm going out and this place should be spotless you hear me you slut!?" She heard Andrew tell before the front door slammed shut. She flinched at the noise. Tears threatened her eyes, and she willed them away before standing. She stumbled as she did, getting a headache from the simple act. She shook it off as simply not drinking enough water.  She went to the kitchen, getting a glass of the clear fluid.

"Does water have calories" she mumbled. It's the type of thing you don't think about until your drunk at three in the morning and are going crazy. Rose shrugged, assuming not. She gingerly took a sip, placing the glass on the counter so she could start cleaning. She washed the very few dishes in the sink, then going around to find any others.

Rose cried silently in the bathroom. She stood, simply in a bra and underwear.

"Why is it wrong" she whimpered. She pushed at her sides, finding them to squish to much for her liking. She covered her mouth to silence her sobs and cried. I'm too fat. She thought. She imagined herself skinny, and she looked at the mirror again. She looked skinnier, courtesy of her imagination, but it still wasn't right. She poked at her ear length hair, tying it up. It made it better, but not by much. It still looked wrong, not right, broken.

And Rose knew she was broken.