The day Patton got his mark

Patton sniffled, he wished he hadn't watched that video. It had thrown him into a pit of sadness. Granted it was easy to get back out of it but it still hurt. He rubbed his eyes, deciding that he had to get up and check for his soul mark. It was his birthday, and of course he was an early morning baby. According to the adoption center. His Ren's were super kind and excepting. They both had taken him in when he thought no one would. They were amazing. He loved them both a lot. He stretched, rubbing away the tears again. He stood, going to the bathroom down the hall. He pasted his parents room, giving a small wave as their door was open. They both waved back, and he finished walking to the bathroom.

He looked into the mirror, the first thing that caught his eye was the huge scars down his face. He screamed in shock. How did that get there!? Both his parents came to the door, knocking frantically.

"Patton? What's wrong?" Talyn, one of his Ren's asked. He opened the door, the shock subsiding a little.

"Oh god, what happened?" Joan, his other Ren, or Enby as they said, asked. Talyn looked at Joan.

"I think that's his soul mark" they said. They both nodded in agreement. "Alright Patton, we both think that's your mark. I knew a few kids when I was younger who had something like this. When your soulmate gets hurt, you might feel it, and it'll appear on your skin okay?" Talyn explained. Patton nodded slowly, then pulled both of his parents into a hug.

"I love you guys so much" he said tears at the brim of his eyes. They both smiled, Joan wiped Pattons tears away.

"We love you too" Joan said. 

"Alright enough sappiness! I want you to wear those scars of yours like a medal, alright?" Talyn said smiling. Patton smiled, nodding. "Now get outta here! You're gonna be late!" Patton laughed and quickly left to his room. He changed into his normal attire before leaving for the day. While he did so, he saw that he had some scars on his arm. His lips turned downward, his soulmate harmed themselves. When he found them they would try and help.

 He waited at the bus stop. As he did so, he saw someone he didn't think he had ever seen. He saw them staring at his arms, before quickly looking away. They had headphones on, so Patton thought they had music playing, but alas, he heard nothing from the headphones. So Patton went up to this stranger, tapping their shoulder. They turned.

"Hello! I'm Patton whats your name?" The person glared, looking like they wanted to cry. Patton frowned, he felt bad for them. The person obviously saw Patton upset so they turned back, making a gesture to repeat the question. Patton smiled, "I'm Patton! Whats your name? Also what are your pronouns?" The person took out some paper, writing quickly before ripping out the page, handing it to Patton, and the stepping closer to where the bus would stop. Patton looked to the paper, getting on the bus with everyone else. 

'I'm Logan, I lost my voice so i can't talk. I also don't wish to metaphorically speak with you anymore, so goodbye.' It was strange to Patton, seeming as they didn't answer one of the questions. Most people would answer it and then leave. Besides, if this 'Logan' didn't want to talk, why would they give a name? Patton decided it was going to be his mission to be friends with this person. Everyone needs a friend, and Patton wasn't about to let them go without one.