Logan starts speech

Logan sat down in the unfamiliar room. A unfamiliar person was going to come in soon. Teach him how to pronounce words again, teach him the basics. He wasn't happy he was here, but he had a plan, something he needed speech for. A man soon came in, saying something, before remembering and signing it.

'Do you how do?' He smiled, Logan gave a slight smile back.

'I'm alright, can we get to work Mr?'

'Emile Picani' He smiled. He sat down and they ran through speech exercises. 'Let's start with simple sentences, you weren't born deaf correct?'

'Correct, freshman year I lost my hearing'

'Okay, and you are learning lip reading right?'

Logan nodded.

'Repeat after me verbally'
"How are you?" He said slowly.

Logan tumbled on the word are, but after a few try's, Picani smiled brightly.

'Perfect!' He paused, thinking for another sentence.

"What's your name?"

Logan was able to get this one a little faster, smiling himself. "L-Log-an" he said, not being able to correct himself obviously. It was broken slightly, but it was understandable. 'Can you say Patton?' He asked. Picani nodded, saying the name slowly.

"Patton" he said.

"Pat-tom" Picani smiles, shaking his head, repeating the name. "P-Patton" Emile smiled nodded. They went through a few more things Logan wanted to know. Eventually Picani asked,

'Your learning faster then most, what's motivating you?'

"Patton" Logan said smiling.

Logan walked into the library, where he was going to meet up with Patton. He still hadn't asked about the scars on his face and arms. He wanted to but he knew he probably shouldn't. He sat down at the normal table in the back, him grabbing a random book to start. It was a book of short stories, he smiled as he saw a few of his favorites like The most dangerous game, or The lottery. Truly amazing works. He started reading the lottery, half way in, he jumped as a hand touched his shoulder. He looked up to see Patton smiling. Patton waved, sitting in his normal seat.

'How are you?' Logan asked. It was one of the few things Patton knew. Thomas was still trying to work out a time for Patton to have a class with him, so he was just learning from books at the moment.

'Good! You?' Patton signed, most likely mouthing the words along.

'Excellent' Logan signed. They talked crude sign, mostly spelling out things Patton didn't know, and Logan teaching him things. Logan decided that he wasn't going to tell Patton about his speech therapy. It was part of the plan after all. Patton stopped signing, looking over towards the doors. He looked to Logan,

'Somethings happening, hurry' Patton signed. He rushed out of the room.  Logan followed quickly. What he saw was horrible. It was one of the freshman being beat up by one of the seniors. Logan, without thinking, stepped in the way of the freshman being hit again. He was punched in the jaw. The freshman, scrambled away, before Logan gets hit again. The hit was hard enough to get pushed to the ground. Patton had rushed off, hopefully to find someone to help Logan out. When he came back, another teen was with him. Logan was on the floor, a cut bleeding on the side of his head. The bully, laughing. The other teen, took a punch, before hitting back. They were in a fight a little before the teen did something, making the bully run off. The teen looked to Logan.

'You okay?' Logan was shocked. Not only did they know sign, they were using it around Logan.

'Yeah, just a little bruised, I'll be fine. How'd you learn ASL?' Logan asked.

'I'm mute, you?'

'Deaf' Logan said with a slight frown. Patton came over, tapping Logan's shoulder.

'What?' Patton asked. Logan signed everything out of their conversation so Patton could understand. Patton nodded.

'What's your name?' Logan asked the teen.

'Virgil, me and Patton share a few classes, you?' Virgil asked Logan.

'I'm Logan,' he said realizing he was still sitting in the floor, standing up, 'Patton didn't stop bugging me, found out I'm deaf, and then I found out we're soulmates'

'I see, would you like to join me and my friend for the rest of this period?' Virgil asked.

'Let me ask Patton' Patton was staring at their hands, confused what they were saying. 'Virgil wants to know if we want to join his friend for the rest of this period' Logan explained in broken sign.

'Uhm, they them actually, today at least' they said nervously.

'Apologies, if we want to join them and their friend.' Logan said to both Patton and Virgil. Patton nodded. The small group left, heading to the library first, grabbing Logan and Pattons bags. They all left for outside, going towards the benches. They met a boy there. He had scars down his face, almost the same as Patton. Logan glanced at both, before realization hit. Those two were soulmates. Was Logan his soulmate too? Logan checked his strings, looking at the boys hand. He had a string there... he found another. He tapped Patton.

'He's another of my soulmates, seems like maybe yours too. He has the same scars on his face as you' Logan signed. Patton glanced at the boys face, a smile spreading onto it. They had found another.