66 - THE TRUTH

ABBY's POV

"W-What?" Soyeon looked at Miyeon in disbelief.

The truth is finally out. I told both Miyeon and Shuhua the full story about what really happened during my lunch with Minnie's family. That I never really got introduced even though I stayed there until the end because of Kevin.

After I felt emotionally drained, Miyeon volunteered to tell the story to both Soyeon and Yuqi who just came home from their schedules.

The tension was very high in the living room. Yuqi was rather speechless, while Soyeon couldn't calm down.

"So you're telling me.. That the bouquets that we've been seeing this week all came from Kevin and not Minnie?"

Miyeon nodded as she held my hand. "Apparently.. that's the case. Abby refused to tell us before for Minnie's sake, until I caught her."

Soyeon sighed heavily. Her eyes were filled with disappointment. "Where's Kim Minnie?"

"She hasn't returned yet from her evening schedule," Shuhua replied.

Soyeon just looked even more pissed off. She bit her lip as she stood in front of me. "Abby.. I-I can't believe you."

I looked at her nervously from my seat. "I-I'm sorry.."

For I completely played along with Minnie's plan and neglected everyone else inside the dorm.

"Why didn't you tell us that Minnie was lying the whole time?" Her stare was so intimidating. "Both of you completely fooled us."

"I was scared.. I didn't want you to hate Minnie," I replied in a low voice.

"So you think you deserve to be the sacrifice around here?! Why would you let her treat you this way?!" she was getting frustrated. "I don't understand anymore.. I genuinely thought Minnie was better than this, but you're just tolerating her actions and it made everything worse!"

"Soyeon Unnie.." Yuqi decided to cut her off. "It's enough.. they have their mistakes and we do too by not questioning what really happened and just letting the issue progress."

"She's right.." Shuhua added. "I guess we were all scared to find out that between Minnie Unnie and Soojin Unnie, someone was lying during our practice."

She's referring to the day where Soojin walked out and left us after nearly exposing the truth about Minnie.

"Y-You don't understand.." Soyeon's voice suddenly started breaking. What the heck is going on? "I-I'm the leader here. If everything goes wrong and we actually fall apart, it's my fault for not being competitive enough."

"Love surely blinds people.. I'm sure Abby Unnie just loved Minnie Unnie too much," Yuqi stood up as she decided to pull Soyeon into a comforting hug. "It's never your fault, you've been the best leader that we could ever ask for. Why blame yourself now?"

Soyeon looked at her teary-eyed and simply rested her head on the younger's shoulder.

None of us could speak after seeing her in that state. It was the first time that we saw how vulnerable Soyeon actually was.

After a few minutes, Soyeon decided to pull away from Yuqi as she looked at me again. "Abby.. We have to do something about this. I can't let this go on anymore--"

Beep beep!

But as soon as she said that, we suddenly heard the door unlock, so we all turned to look at who it was.