15 - ALTERED STORIES

A B B Y

"You're here!" Jisoo greeted me with a hug as I arrived at the restaurant where we would be having our lunch.

The rest of the Blackpink members were already seated in front of me. Their dresses look really expensive, it's probably not something that you can buy from the stores. Jisoo, on the other hand, was also wearing a white lace dress.

"Hello, thank you for letting me be here," I said to the girls.

They all smiled at me. Gosh.. it's exactly like what you would see on TV. Pure star quality.

"Jisoo Unnie is paying, so make sure to order everything that you want!" Lisa playfully said.

Meanwhile, Jennie and Rosé were already focused on choosing the menus. The three of them sat in front of us, while I sat beside Jisoo. The mood is great.. But how am I supposed to ask them about Miyeon? It's definitely going to ruin this bright atmosphere.. But really, who am I to even talk to them about it? I'm merely Jisoo's best friend, and just because I have the right to get into Jisoo's business, doesn't mean that I could with the rest of the members. But if I don't do this, then everything would just collapse for me.

"Here, Abby.." Rosé smiled at me while handing me the menu.

She seems sweet.

"Well, they said the steak here is really good," Jennie said. "I'll definitely order one."

I looked at the menu and my jaw almost dropped after seeing the prices. Woah, this really isn't somewhere ordinary people could eat! Sometimes I wonder if these steaks have gold in them. It's too expensive!

"I'm paying today, so don't feel bad in front of my members," Jisoo whispered as she gave me a mischievous smile.

I nodded my head and ended up ordering a steak and a salad. The rest of them ordered the same thing, while Jisoo also bought a full plate of pasta good for five people.

After about half an hour of waiting, the dishes arrived so we started eating. I nervously munched down my food while secretly taking a look at the members.

How am I even supposed to ask them?! This is nerve-racking..

I kept looking in all directions, trying to find the right timing to open up a conversation, until I suddenly felt Jisoo tapping my hand below the table.

I almost jumped out of my seat as I looked at her.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

Crap, did she already notice something is going on?!

I nodded my head, but I feel like my face is flushing so much already. I hope Jisoo didn't feel the trembling in my hands though.

I'm so damn nervous. If I don't do it today, when will I get the same chance? Soyeon is counting on me.

I really have to do this. Come on Abby, don't be a coward now!

"M-Miyeon," I barely uttered.

Jisoo looked at me in surprise. She was giving me the what-are-you-doing look. The rest of the Blackpink members also looked at me in unison as they were all shocked.

"Uhm," Jennie suddenly cleared her throat.

Jisoo then took the signal and tried to bring me outside, but I resisted.

"Please. I need to know," I begged her.

It's not easy for me, but I have to do this. I need to know the truth, because it's the only chance that I have to sort things out between these groups and have my life back as (G)I-dle's dorm keeper.