78 - A QUIET TIME

ABBY's POV

After about half an hour, Shuhua was able to come down in her favorite one piece dress with her puppies on their leashes.

"Hey there," I excitedly scooted down to pet them both.

The puppies both wagged their tails and started licking my hands.

"Both of you are overly affectionate to Abby Unnie today, huh?" Shuhua jokingly said.

I smiled at them while saving their faces in my memory. "I'm going to miss you both, Haku and Mata."

But our moment was interrupted with Shuhua suddenly stomping her feet on the ground. "Unnie, we'll be back before the day ends anyway! Why are you acting like you're never going to see them again?"

Because maybe.. I'll really never do.

"It's because I'm their aunt, aren't I?" I laughed a little and stood up. "Go ahead, you still have an appointment waiting."

"You're right, Unnie," she gave me one last hug before pulling away. "But you're seriously going to be fine, right?"

"Yes, you don't have to worry about me, Shuhua-yah." After all, I need to be fine no matter what.

She sighed in relief. "I guess my gut feelings are wrong then.."

"W-What do you mean?" I nervously looked at her.

"I don't know, Unnie.. everything just doesn't feel right today. I know I'm supposed to be really happy because Soojin Unnie finally opened up to me, but there's just something wrong and I can't tell what it is.."

Huh? It's exactly the same feeling that I had since earlier.. I thought that it was just me, but I guess it's not.

Things are progressing in the way that we want them to, but there seems to be a part of us that keeps sending out warnings through anxiety like a premonition.

They say that people usually feel these kinds of emotions when something crucial that could potentially change their lives forever is about to happen. But just how accurate is it really?

"Anyway, don't mind me Abby Unnie! I'm sure it's nothing," she embarrassedly laughed. "I'm going to leave for real now, okay?"

"A-Alright.. Take care."

She happily waved her hand and left with the puppies after that. I knew that something was making her anxious deep inside, but it must be frustrating for her not to know which one is causing it too.. just like me.

Although it's definitely worrying me, I decided to ignore it and focus on the present rather than what could've possibly happen in the future.

And one thing is the fact that I'm left alone in the mansion right now. It's such a huge place, but without the members around, it feels really empty.

I've been thinking so much about when and how I'm going to leave the dorm. Although I still have the whole day to stay, I guess this is the opening that I've been waiting for.

A quiet and nice time to leave.

It's better to just do it without causing more troubles to them. And with that..

I decided to clean around the mansion for one last time..

I made sure everything was into its rightful places..

I visited each one of their rooms and tidied up what I could..

Then I finally packed up my things. But at this point, I just feel empty and nothing more.