07 - BREAKING WALLS

A B BY

Soyeon suddenly stood up and grabbed her belongings. "Unlike you, Jisoo.. I'm not the kind of person who would put someone in a very uncomfortable situation just to win an argument.."

Wait.. is she thinking about how I'd feel in this situation right now? Then that means she's being considerate to me!

She gave me one last look before finally leaving. "See you at the dorm, Abby."

Jisoo, on the other hand, sat in front of me, full of disappointment. "Dorm huh? So what are you? Their helper or something?"

I couldn't look her in the eye because I was so embarrassed and afraid that she'd start to pity me. "I-I'm still the same best friend that you had. You don't have to worry about me--"

"Abby, just quit the job and let me help you! I don't want you working there anymore, please?"

"Then what do you think would that make me feel? Quitting the job and asking you for money. Do you think that's a better choice for me right now?"

"No, but do you think I'll be at ease knowing that my best friend is working for another girl group?"

"Then what do you want me to do? I can't just leave the girls right now. They need me! They treated me so well and it would be rude to just leave like that!"

She sighed and shook her head. "You like them, don't you?"

"I do, Jisoo-yah."

"More than me?" Her eyes seem to be telling me something, but I'm not sure what.

I held her hand firm. "You're my best friend. You're always going to be my number one, but I don't want things to change between us. I don't want you to treat me like some poor girl who needs your rescue."

Then suddenly, tears started coming out from her eyes. "Look, I-I'm really sorry.. I got carried away. I hated the fact that you're here after you rejected my invitation earlier. This is the place where I wanted to bring you, but you ditched me just to eat with Soyeon. How do you think would I feel about that?"

So it's this place huh.. What a coincidence.

I wiped her tears using my hand. "I'm sorry too, Jisoo-yah. But now that you know where I'm working, I hope that you'd respect my decision to continue.. it's what I need the most right now."

She took a deep breath and forced a smile. "Fine, Abby.. if that's what you really want to do then I guess I can't help it."

"I promise I'll come with you if you find another place to eat--"

"But I'll always be your number one right?"

"H-Huh? Of course!"

Why did she just repeat that phrase? Is she afraid that I might like the girls more than her?

"Then that's all I need to know," she said while nodding her head as if she's finally convinced. "By the way, I'm here to buy my members some ice cream before heading home, so.."

We both looked at each other, then I moved my eyes to the cashier. "Go ahead."

She stood up and went to order. After a couple of minutes, she came back with four ice creams in a tray. "I better get going, Abby. My members are waiting for me."

I nodded and checked the time on my phone. It's 4:30pm. "Sure.. I guess I need to head back to the dorm too."

Even though we reconciled, something still seems off.. I hope we really become alright in the future. We said our goodbyes and finally parted ways.