82 - ONE PERSON

ABBY's POV

It's been over thirty-two hours since I last heard from anyone. It's currently 9am on the second day after the accident. I tried contacting Jisoo and the members of (G)I-DLE when the police gave me the chance to do so, but none of them picked up.

Cold sweats were dripping all over my body as I anxiously waited for someone to come, but there was no one out there.

I have no idea what's going on outside or how things are looking for me, but I know that they will come back for me as soon as they could.. I'm sure they're just busy sorting out things with their company and lawyers.

I'm trying to be positive because I trust them, but I can't stop feeling scared right now especially when I'm detained alone.

A police officer came inside my cell and handed me a bowl of rice and soup with a spoon. He seemed professional and reliable compared to the one that I've encountered before.

"Eat up," he said.

My hands were shaking as I grabbed them. I've been starving, dehydrated, and exhausted after what happened. I wasn't able to eat or drink yesterday, because they didn't give me anything and I wasn't in my right mind to ask because everything just felt unreal to me.

I immediately started eating to fill the void that I've been feeling both physically and emotionally.

"Hey, there's still not much improvement about your case.." The police officer suddenly said after locking my cell from the outside. "But I heard that the pregnant woman survived."

I dropped the spoon that I was using in surprise. It felt like I was finally given a glimpse of hope.

"S-She survived?" I still couldn't believe it. The happiness and relief that I felt was simply beyond words.

"Yeah.." But he didn't seem pleased to inform me about it. "She has injuries, but she's not in a critical condition.."

"Thank God!" Tears of joy almost fell on my cheeks. "Then.. how long do you think I have to stay here?"

He sighed heavily as he gave me a worried look. "In any other case, you would've been fined and released if she decides not to file a case against you, but.."

That pause made me feel very nervous. It felt like I knew that something wrong was about to come out of his mouth, but I couldn't run away from it..

"The baby inside her womb died," he continued. "It's a complex case and I think you might have to go on trial because of that."

"W-What?" I couldn't speak properly. It felt like my mind stopped processing things for a moment and I wanted to pretend that I didn't hear anything. "A trial?"

"I'm not sure if bail is possible for your case, but the trial alone might take a month or a year depending on the severity.." He looked at me with pity. "If you lose the trial, the imprisonment could go on for ten to twenty-five years."

What?

"B-But I don't want that to happen!" I started crying out of nervousness. "Please, officer.. w-what should I do?!"

"Pray, alright? You're such a young woman to be involved in a case like this.." he gave me a little pat on the shoulder from the other side. "Our team is looking into your case, they're still reviewing every footage in the crime scene but you might as well find yourself an attorney.. or would you rather take the public one?"

"S-Should I ask for it? Would it be the better option for me? What's going to happen next? I-I just don't want to be stuck here for years!" I was rambling and desperate.