14 - ANONYMOUS DELIVERY

A B B Y

"W-What's the meaning of this?" Soyeon frowned upon seeing my luggage. She then moved her eyes to Jisoo. "And you? What are you doing here?"

My heart is beating so fast right now. The atmosphere is really tense.

"I'm here to pick up Abby," Jisoo replied.

"Why? Are you going out? You know that you're not allowed to be here," Soojin said in a serious tone. Even the usually warm Soojin changed.

All of the members of (G)I-dle were crowding in front of us. They all had these confused and cold faces, even Minnie, Yuqi, and Shuhua who were usually the happy-go-lucky type. Meanwhile, the only member who knew what really happened was avoiding my eyes, Miyeon.

Jisoo smirked, full of confidence. "No. She's not working for you anymore, so we're leaving."

"Leaving huh?" Soyeon started stepping closer to us with her intimidating presence. "You're not taking Abby away. You took the dream of one of my members before and you're not getting away by taking our dorm keeper too."

I could feel how irritated Soyeon was, but what is this? I suddenly have no words to say..

"Excuse me, you think we did what?" Jisoo laughed sarcastically. "She's just your dorm keeper, but she's my best friend. So if there's anything that weighs more to her, it's going to be me than all of your members added together."

Soyeon was about to speak again, but Minnie suddenly interrupted.

"Hey," she took my hand and looked at me sincerely. "I know that you understand me a lot, but I want to understand you too, Abby. You have to give me a chance, so tell me everything."

I shook my head and started looking at Miyeon, waiting for her to talk but she just stood there quietly.

Jisoo pulled my hand away from Minnie, who was obviously taken aback.

"Let's go, Abby," Jisoo hissed.

I took my luggage again and was about to pass through them but Shuhua suddenly called for me. "Abby Unnie.."

I looked back at her.

"Why?" She started giving me a sad longing look which pierced my heart even more.

I felt like I was raising her all this time, she's like my baby in the dorm.. I cooked most of the time for her and played games with her too. I guess we became attached before I even knew about it.

"T-This isn't right," Yuqi who was quietly listening, finally said something. "You have a contract with us, right Abby Unnie?"

It's really a shame to be leaving like this.

I sighed. "I-I know, but--"

"It's because of me," Miyeon said.

All of us looked at her, but she was avoiding our eyes.

"I fired her earlier. The contract is still valid, but it's also written there that the members have the right to take her out if we don't feel safe around her anymore."

"W-What?!" Soyeon looked at her in disbelief. "How could you decide on something without us?! How could you be so selfish?!"

Miyeon shook her head and glared at Soyeon. "Selfish? You're calling me selfish when you told my past to someone that we don't even know?! To someone who's nothing to us?!"

Wow.. That actually hurt.

"If Abby is nothing to you, then she means a lot to me! That's your personal opinion about her! You can't just fire her when the reason why I told her about it was so you won't get hurt!"