86 - THE DINNER

ABBY's POV

"Oh if it isn't the one and only!" A woman in her late fifties greeted me upon our arrival at Tuxe and Robes. She was very elegant in her white dress and you'd instantly think that there's a special occasion somewhere.

"Mom!" Tristan's eyes immediately brightened up as he hugged her. "What are you doing here in the lobby? I told you we'd go to your office."

Oh.. No wonder she looked familiar to me. I've definitely seen her in pictures before.

"Well I couldn't wait to meet your friend," she gave me a warm smile and I did my best to do the same.

It's only been a few hours since we left the court together. Both Jisoo and Spencer decided to join us for dinner at the hall of Tuxe and Robes, which Tristan planned ahead of time. He said that he's going to introduce me to his parents and hand me the contract right away, but I just didn't expect her mother to be welcoming us at the entrance. She seems very kind.

"It's so nice to meet you, Mrs. Delton," I politely offered a handshake and she accepted it. "I'm Abby Ruez."

"I'm well aware of who you are, dear," she said while gently touching my jawline with her fingers and letting out a gasp. "Perfect. You're just too perfect to be here."

I was a bit embarrassed because both Jisoo and Spencer were staring right at me while the whole thing was happening. They're both good-looking people and being complimented in front of them somehow doesn't feel right.

"I-I'll try my best, Ma'am," I shyly replied.

In fact, I still don't know if I belong in this industry. Some of my days with (G)I-DLE and even Jisoo were traumatic and stressful. That kind of feeling where everyone is staring and waiting for you to make a mistake. It has always been like that for them and I sort of experienced it too, especially the anxiety of getting caught when you're outside.

I'm scared and worried about my future. Thinking if I could handle all the attention from the public and if I'll be even good enough as a model. However, my days of prioritizing other people and being a lowlife ended the moment that (G)I-DLE left me hanging.

They ruined my life. Not just them, but their managers and staff. Everyone in CUBE Entertainment. That company is a living hell and I will surely make them pay for what they did. I refuse to be the same pathetic loser that they probably mocked every single time.

"Should we go upstairs?" Tristan said as she assisted her mother and led us to the elevator.

Their building has seventeen floors in total, I guess it's because this one is their main office in South Korea. I couldn't imagine what their companies look like all over the world, since Tristan has briefly mentioned about having them on our way here.

We soon arrived at the twelfth floor and the whole place was allotted for dining. This must be where they usually celebrate their parties, because there's a mini stage in front with spotlights which aren't turned on at the moment. There were also many sets of tables everywhere and a fancy red carpet in the aisle.

However, none of those were really decorated. There was only one long table in the middle which contained a lot of high-class dishes and beverages.

It's the dinner.

Two male staff immediately assisted us to the table and helped us settle down. Tristan and her Mom sat in front of us, while I was in the middle of Spencer and Jisoo.

"Good evening, Ma'am and Sir!" The staff both greeted at the same time.

"Where's Dad?" Tristan casually asked.