26 - AFTER THE PARTY

A B B Y

"I blacklisted them from all VIP parties of Tuxe and Robes, including those of our sponsors," Tristan said in a firm voice. "They crashed the wrong party."

Yuqi was holding my hand, while a nurse was cleaning my wounds. I kept grimming as I endured the pain.

Tristan Delton, my close friend from the orphanage, was the legally adopted son of the founders of Tuxe and Robes. I still couldn't believe how successful he has become all throughout those years. He's a good guy, maybe it's why he got so lucky with his new family.

After a couple more minutes, the nurse left the three of us in the room. We're currently at Tristan's suite in the venue.

Hints of frustration were still all over Yuqi's face. Tristan looked worried as well. On top of that, they barely introduced themselves to each other so it was still kind of awkward while I was silently sitting in between them.

I also changed into a new set of clothes. An oversized hoodie and a pair of jogging pants that Tristan lent me.

"Hey, don't worry.. I'll never let them get away with it. I'll make sure they'll go to jail for hurting you," Tristan said as he gently rubbed my head. "I really didn't think I'd meet you here since that day, Abby."

I just sadly looked at him. "Yeah.. This is really unexpected."

We haven't really texted or called each other after our brief encounter at the restaurant before.

"But as much as I wanted to be with you, I'm afraid that I still have a party to attend to. I'll have to present myself and apologize to the guests on behalf of my family."

Right.. he's going to be their heir after all.

I politely nodded. "Sure.. go ahead. Thank you."

"Call me this time if you need anything," He gave me a hug before finally leaving.

The room was filled with silence. Yuqi and I were the only ones left inside. So much has happened tonight that I don't even know where to begin.

"I-I'm sorry--" she suddenly said.

I looked at her in surprise as I quickly cut her off. "Hey.. why are you apologizing? It's not your fault, Yuqi."

She shook her head. "It is.. I'm the reason why you're here."

"But that's because I decided to be here myself."

"All of the Unnies told me to take good care of you.. and I was confident that I could, but they were right. The people here are really too much for me to handle."

Tears started falling from her eyes, so I immediately tried to wipe it with my palms. "You don't have to take care of me.. Are you forgetting who I am to your group?"

"That you're our dorm keeper? But to a scene that you're really not used to, it still feels like my obligation to not let things like this happen to you."

"I-I'm okay.. really," I said in a low voice.

"You're terribly hurt and you still want me to believe that?"

"T-Then what do you want me to do?" I said as I avoided her eyes. "I probably ruined your night now, Yuqi.. The least that I can do is to stop you from worrying about me."

She suddenly pulled me in for a hug before she broke down. I was surprised and speechless. I've never seen her act this way before. She always had this strong and bright image, but right now.. what I'm seeing is completely different.