21 - APPOINTMENTS

A B B Y

"H-Hey, why are you crying?" I worriedly asked Shuhua.

She looked at me sadly. Her eyes were sparkling from the tears that were continuously falling. "I-I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you from our fans, Abby Unnie. The video looked really awful and I just can't believe that--"

"Hey.. hey.. it's okay." I immediately cut her off as I couldn't stand seeing her look so devastated. "I'm not hurt."

"But Unnie.. those are our fans and it felt like it's our fault why you're getting so much hate right now.. especially since I was one of the members who was in the convenience store that day."

I feel really bad seeing her like this. If only I was careful enough, this wouldn't have happened. But really, am I only causing harm to these girls?

Yuqi then walked towards us and started comforting Shuhua as well. "I told you, Abby Unnie is okay.. No one wants this to happen, Shuhua-yah."

It seems like they've been talking about this even before I came.

"Yes.. I'm fine, really.." I said while sincerely looking at her.

After a few more minutes of silently comforting her, she started wiping her tears and gave me another hug. "I-I just can't stand seeing important people in my life get hurt.. Abby Unnie."

My heart became so weak after hearing that. I sighed out of guilt as I patted her back. "I-I promise I'll be careful from now on.."

I guess when you start spending more time with K-pop idols, you'll eventually get the eyes of the public. I'm always amazed with how careful they are when they're outside, but I never thought that I would need to do the same by being with them. If it affects them this much, then I should do my part as a dorm keeper and be more careful for their sake.

After that, we talked more for a bit then they decided to rest and call it a day. I went downstairs to clean around the house and finished at 11:30pm.

I was in the kitchen and getting a drink before going to bed, when Minnie suddenly came.

"Hey.." she greeted.

I looked back at her. "Hmm? Weren't you sleeping?"

She nodded. "Yes, but I got thirsty, so.."

"Oh!" I immediately handed her a glass of water. "Here, drink some."

She smiled at me as she accepted it. "What about you? Why are you still up?"

"Well I haven't been able to clean this dorm for a while, so I wanted to tidy things up everywhere."

"You should rest now too, Abby.." she sighed. "You didn't appear in my dreams yet, I guess it's because you're still awake."

What on Earth was that?!

I was caught off guard and could only try to cover it up with an embarrassing laugh. "Stop joking, Kim Minnie!"

"Hahaha! I want to meet you in my dreams. It would be so awesome just to be with you."

"You're so silly," I said as I hit her lightly in the arm. "You should go back to bed now. I saw your schedule for tomorrow and especially you, you're going to be so busy."

"I want to keep talking to you, Abby. I'm just so thankful for your existence. You make me feel really at home and it's something that I miss in Thailand."

"You can talk to me anytime tomorrow when you're done."

"R-Really?!" Her face suddenly brightened up.