99 - ONE LAST CHANCE

ABBY's POV

It's the day after the party. Tristan and I are currently staying at his office in Tuxe and Robes. We've already taken our medicine for hangovers and are currently enjoying our breakfast when he suddenly got a call from someone.

"They already sorted things out?" He asked in a surprised tone.

"..."

"I see. I guess we don't have to make a move for now. Let me know when we encounter problems in the future."

"..."

"Alright, thanks man."

After that, he continued drinking his coffee, looking pleased.

"What did he say?" I asked, referring to the company staff on his phone call earlier.

"It seems like Gucci already paid everyone in the party to keep silent about what happened," he laughed a little. "And I'm sure Cube Entertainment is going to get in trouble because of what happened."

I gave him a confused look. "But there's a lot of people last night.."

Is it really possible for them to cover it all up?

"It probably cost them a lot, Abby. On top of that, the majority of them are known to the public. It only takes one post of any of those people to ruin the reputation of both Gucci and Cube, so they have to do something about it."

I just took a bite from my croissant on the table as I fell silent. It's starting to make me feel bad, because I was the one who provoked Minnie.. But it's not exactly my fault that she lost her temper.

Besides, I was just having a little fun.. If she wasn't guilty of treating me badly before, she wouldn't be so affected last night. And why would I feel bad for Cube? They literally ruined everything for me, so they deserve what's happening to them right now.

"Abby, are you alright?" I suddenly felt his hand on my cheek. It was so gentle and warm. I didn't realize that I was already zoning out.

"Y-Yeah, I am.." I drank my coffee too and just looked at the view behind him.

"You seemed to be worried about something," he added.

"Well.." I bit my lip, hesitating to ask. "Have you heard anything about (G)I-DLE?"

"Wait, is it because of what Minnie said?" He gave me an assuring smile. "You have the upper hand, Abby.. She's the one who made up bad things about you, so don't feel scared. The truth always comes out in the end and I have your back all the time."

I gulped nervously as I avoided his eyes. "Y-You're right.. The truth always comes out."

And I just hope that you'll be able to forgive me when it really does.

After that, the both of us continued eating our breakfast. Tristan has a lot of things to do today, such as visiting the outlets of Tuxe and Robes and monitoring their stocks, so he already left ahead of me.

Meanwhile, it's my rest day and I planned to watch a movie with the Blackpink members, but they haven't responded to my messages yet.

It's right on time when I received an email from someone. I usually check them when I have nothing to do, just like now.

To Abby Ruez,

Can we talk? I'm going to wait outside of your company at 10 am. I'll try my best not to get noticed.

From Cube Entertainment

"Huh?" I instantly frowned after reading it. What the hell was that?