17 - TRUTH OR DARE

A B B Y

"Let's go," Soyeon held my hand as we walked out of the hall together.

Miyeon's favorite private place is now booked. It's a room inside The Griffin Bar, one of the best hangout places in South Korea. Soyeon volunteered to organize and reserve the place where Miyeon and the Blackpink members would meet.

I already told Soyeon about Jisoo's plan and she seems to be really open about it. She wants to sort things out for Miyeon too. As expected, she never disappoints as the group leader who would only do the things that will benefit her members.

We decided to eat at a fast food chain for lunch with only the two of us. Soyeon was wearing a hoodie and a mask so people wouldn't recognize her. I ordered for her and we also chose the table at the corner to avoid getting attention.

Being everywhere with K-pop idols is really hard. It feels like it's my job to keep them safe, to prevent them from being seen by many people.

Speaking of that, I wonder if Shuhua and Soojin have already told the group about what happened to us in the convenience store the other day.

After a few minutes, our meals arrived so we immediately started munching on them. But I noticed that Soyeon seems anxious about removing her mask.

"Are you okay?" I worriedly asked her.

She nodded. "Y-Yeah, it's just.. I don't want more pictures of us to be taken."

So she knows..

"It's Shuhua and Soojin, isn't it?"

She nodded. "They told me and the rest of the members about it. The company still doesn't know though, but they'll find it out eventually once the pictures appear online."

"I'm sorry.. I think it's my fault. They stayed too long because of me."

I was starting to feel really bad when she suddenly held my hand and gave me an assuring smile. "Why are you blaming yourself for it? It's not your fault that you're there at the same time. It's those paparazzi who made things complicated for us."

"But I'm worried about it too.. What if they took the photos to bash your group? I heard they were going to photoshop something."

"Well I guess we will just have to find out.." She let go of my hand as she continued eating. "Forget about what I said earlier. I'll be careful, so you won't have another thing to worry about."

I felt my heart beating fast after hearing those words from her. Do I even deserve this kind of treatment from an all-rounder star like Soyeon? She's always so considerate to me.. It's like, I don't know.. I'm starting to be attached to how she treats me. And I'm afraid that one day, I'll feel lonely when it all disappears.

After a couple more minutes, Soyeon fixed herself up as we finished eating. She insisted on taking me home earlier, but as soon as we got into her car, she suddenly asked for something else.

"Can you come to the dorm with me? Miyeon, Shuhua, and Soojin have individual schedules right now, so they won't be there."

It's not that I don't want to or I even have the right to refuse an invitation from Soyeon, but I'm just really worried about it.

"But what if Miyeon finds out that I was there?"

"Hey, I believe that the Blackpink members will be able to sort things out with her tomorrow. Even if she finds out, I'm sure she won't make it a big deal anymore," she explained. "Besides, Minnie and Yuqi are really looking forward to seeing you. The two of them felt really jealous when they found out that Shuhua and Soojin ran into you in the convenience store."