04 - MORNING ENCOUNTERS

A B B Y

"I'll let the managers know. Block the number, alright?" Soyeon said to Miyeon who was just staring blankly at us.

The whole group is now in the living room, so I left them to talk more about the issue in private. I told them I'd wash the dishes first.

After about fifteen minutes, I came back to the lobby to grab a mango pie, then I suddenly remembered that I bought two of them because of Miyeon. But I couldn't give it to her in front of everyone since I didn't really get the others anything.

I headed to my room to eat it and checked my phone at the same time.

From Kim Jisoo

Hey.. can we meet tomorrow?

Huh? It's Jisoo again. I wonder why the message looks gloomy for some reason.. Oh well it could just be me.

I immediately checked the girls' schedule tomorrow, and saw that only Soyeon and Minnie have to go out. Maybe I can meet Jisoo for a few hours after my chores.

To Kim Jisoo

Sure. What time do you want to meet? I'll see if I can go.

I opened the TV in the room to watch some news. I stayed in bed for at least an hour to rest, then I suddenly heard a knock on the door.

Tok tok!

I stood up to open it, but before I could even grab the door knob, Miyeon was already standing right in front of me.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

I immediately nodded. "How are you feeling now, Miss?"

"I-I think I'm a bit better. My temperature isn't that high now."

"That's great news. Maybe you can join the group in their next schedule!"

We sat at the bed, then suddenly she held my hand. "Thank you for helping me out earlier."

I could feel myself blushing because she's so gorgeous up close and her hand is very soft, but for goodness sake, she's sick! What am I even thinking? It's not the time to fangirl!

"S-Sure, it's nothing Miss."

"I didn't really have the courage to bring it up in front of everyone. But you did it in my place, so I really owe you now."

"It's what everyone would do for you, Miss Miyeon.."

"Really? I was able to let them know about it because you're there. I know it's a little bit weird but.. you make people around you feel safe and confident. It's like I can do everything with you."

I gasped. "I-I never heard that from anyone though.."

"Now you did. I hope that you can keep up making us feel that way, Abby."

I suddenly ran out of words to say, so we ended up staring at each other as empty air filled the atmosphere. It was starting to become awkward.

She shifted her eyes away from me and stood up. "Good night."

But before she could leave, I quickly grabbed the other mango pie and put it in her hand. "I bought another one for you earlier!"

She looked at her hand and smiled at me after seeing the pie. "Thanks."

Right after she left the room, I received another text from my best friend.

From Kim Jisoo

Does lunch tomorrow sound good?