100 - LAST HOPE

ABBY's POV

"What really happened after the night of the accident, huh?" I walked closer to Miyeon as I stared deeply into her eyes. "Are you eager to tell me the truth because you care? Or is it because you need something from me now and you're trying to come clean with what you did to me before?"

"Abby.. I just don't want you to keep misunderstanding us," she replied in a low voice. "I know you're more hurt than anyone else, but--"

"Then what the hell are you doing?" I cut her off. "You don't get to decide for me, Cho Miyeon. I was stupid for trying to help you earlier, but after what you did to me.. I don't think I will ever sign with Gucci again."

She bit her lip and suddenly couldn't answer. Her words felt genuine, but it still doesn't justify what she did to me.

"It's because of me, Abby," Soyeon suddenly said from behind. "I-I was the one who convinced Miyeon.."

"Oh.." I slowly turned around to face her. I should've seen this coming. "Am I supposed to feel better after finding out that you worked on this together?"

"No Abby, that's not what I meant.." She grabbed my hand and looked at me desperately. It was a combination of both shame and hopelessness. "You can get mad at me all you want, but please give us one last chance.. We really need your help."

"My help?" I unbelievably repeated. "Look, I only agreed earlier because I wanted to talk to your boss and managers. I'm not here because I feel bad for all of you, there's just no way that I would."

"B-But it could be the end of Cube, Abby.." She started explaining in a shaky voice. "If we don't get our spot back in Gucci, I-I don't think that we will be able to continue promoting as a group.."

"Then let it be," I moved my face closer to her and gave emphasis to the next words. "Let it end, Jeon Soyeon. Stop promoting as a group."

I remained unbothered as I pulled away from her. However, it seems like she still doesn't want to give up.

Soon, I felt her trembling hands reaching back to me as tears slowly started falling on her cheeks. It wasn't the strong-hearted leader that I knew, it was definitely a weaker and more fragile version of her. "P-Please, Abby. You know how important this is for us and you're our last hope."

She tried convincing me, but there was something inside of me that simply couldn't stand hearing her talk about their career. It made me angry and hurt at the same time.

"I-Is your career that important?" I disappointedly looked at each one of them as my voice suddenly broke. "..More important than my life, huh?"

"T-That's not true, Abby.." She still tried explaining even though she was crying a lot. "I made a mistake as their leader.. I-I shouldn't have chosen it over you in the past."

"But you still did.." I bitterly replied as tears started building up on the corner of my eyes. "No matter what you say right now, the damage is done. And it seems like you're just trying to use me again."

"I regret what I did to you everyday, Abby.. It's killing me to even ask for your help," she took a deep breath before she continued. "But I have to swallow my pride for my members. We can't lose our career now, because we need all the financial support that we can get."

"Money?" I looked at her in disbelief. "Are you worried that you won't be able to eat in five star restaurants or buy designer clothes anymore?"

"N-No.." It seemed like she had a lot of things to say, but she couldn't find the right words for them.