45 - THEIR STORY

A B B Y

"Take care, Abby Unnie!" Shuhua gave me a hug as Hui's van was parked in front of the mansion. Today is the first day that I'm going to meet his grandmother and pretend to be his girlfriend as a part of our deal.

Soojin just stood at her back, quietly looking at me. The rest of the members didn't see me outside. Minnie was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up, and well the rest were kind of occupied with something else. Though, they did give me their encouragement earlier.

Soojin has been acting distant to me ever since I rejected her all over again after she begged to date me. But this time, I guess she felt the need to see me outside since I'm doing this all for her.

I felt really apologetic with what happened, but I can't hurt Minnie, not especially after everything that she has done for me.

"Let's go," Mr. Park, Hui's manager said as he led me into their van.

I waved at Shuhua, and even to Soojin before finally leaving. After about two hours, we reached their residence.

It was a simple two-story house. One of their helpers let us in. The interior was very clean and organized.

"Abby," somebody called me from behind.

I looked back and saw Hui smiling a little at me. He was wearing a sweater and a pair of shorts.

"Hello," I greeted him.

His expression looked more relaxed compared to our first meeting. He's actually like a completely different person.

"My grandmother is upstairs," he said.

"When should I meet her? And do I have anything to tell her specifically?"

He suddenly took out a marker and held it in front of my face.

"H-Hey.. what's that for?" I confusedly asked.

"Soojin's mole. It's the only thing that she remembers," he said before gently putting a dot near my eye.

After that, the both of us headed upstairs.

"Just act like yourself, don't be nervous," he said before opening the door to the room.

Inside was an old woman sitting on her rocking chair. She instantly smiled upon seeing the two of us together. She looks sweet.

"Hui.." she uttered.

I immediately greeted her. "Good morning."

"Jin?" she said.

I looked at Hui and asked for help with my eyes.

But he just nodded and looked at his grandmother. "Yes, Grandma. It's Jin."

I guess it's short for Soojin.

The old woman slowly stood up and reached the table for support, Hui immediately assisted her.

Then she touched my face, her hand was already trembling due to her old age and condition.

"It really is you.." she said as I saw her look at the mole that was drawn earlier.

I nodded and smiled at her. "I-It's really great to see you again, Grandma."

The old woman was very happy and so was Hui.

"H-Have you eaten?" Her voice was shaking. She seems to be having trouble speaking.

"I already ate on my way, Grandma," I answered.

"M-My grandson here is lucky to have met a woman like you.." she added. "I-I hope you can keep staying by his side.."

Upon hearing that, my heart started to hurt little by little. To her, Soojin means a lot to her grandson. She must've really adored her before.. but now I feel somewhat affected because the real Soojin isn't here and I'm just taking her place.