40 - OFFICIAL

A B B Y

"Minnie!" I ran after her as she walked out of my room.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have went in--"

She was on the verge of tears, but I was already crying as I saw her in that state. I'm in so much pain just by seeing her get hurt.

"It's not what you think.." I cupped her face.

I didn't know exactly what to do, but I certainly don't want her to misunderstand the situation.

"I-I know that I volunteered to help you out, but seeing the two of you together after everything.." Tears continuously fell on her cheeks. "I didn't know that it was going to be this painful."

I immediately pulled her in for a hug as I felt my heart beating fast--No wait, it's not just mine.. I could hear her rapid heart beat too.

"I don't want anything to do with Miyeon anymore.." I whispered to her ear.

She slowly pulled away from me and sighed. "Abby, I trust you.. But you really don't have to keep feeling bad for me."

"T-That's not the case," I replied in a low voice. "I really.. don't want her in my life anymore."

The butterflies are all there again. It's as if I'm back to this nerve-racking and tingling feeling in my heart.

Her eyes were so hopeful as I continued speaking.

"I think I'm in love with you, Kim Minnie.."

"W-What?" She unbelievably looked at me.

"Yeah.." I nodded as tears fell on my cheeks non-stop. I've never felt more relieved than this.

"T-Then what about Miyeon?"

The truth is..

"I'm only in love with the idea of being with her now.."

I realized it after talking to her earlier. When I thought that my feelings for her only grew stronger when she chose my best friend over me.. it was actually changing from loving her as a person into just loving the idea of being with her.

We always want what somebody took away from us. We become desperate to get it back, we get hurt, and it made me think that I was still madly in love with her.

But it wasn't the case. I kept looking out for her because I didn't want to be the person she easily replaced. I wanted to prove that I was worth more than that.. It was the reason why I failed to distinguish the difference between still being in love and saving myself from embarrassment.

"I might have fallen for her at some point," I stared into her eyes as my cheeks flushed, tears still falling on them. "But right now.. I can't imagine being with her, because the only person that I can think of is you.."

She wiped her tears and laughed, as if she couldn't believe what I just said. "Y-You can't take that back now, Abby!"

I smiled at her as I pulled her into another hug. "I-I won't take it back."

This exact feeling of being with her right now, having her close to me, hearing her gentle voice, and seeing her flawless face. It's all just too perfect.. although I realized it a bit late, this is actually love that I'm feeling.

Whether it progressed because of her efforts or it was there from the very start, I still can't deny the fact that there's something different with the way that I see her now.

I don't want her to get hurt. I'd choose her anytime because I love her. She's worth it all along, now I just have to do everything that it takes to be at the same level as her.