35 - SCATTERED AND UNSOLVED

A B B Y

I haven't talked to Miyeon or Jisoo since that day. Although I would always hear them talking on the phone non-stop. And by the looks of it, I guess they're really happy..

Just like now..

"Hey, I miss you. When can we meet again?" Miyeon chuckled.

I bit my lip as I tried to ignore it. She's in the living room, so I just went straight to the kitchen to avoid hearing their conversation.

It still hurts freaking much.

"Hey, Abby?"

I turned to my side and saw Minnie wearing an apron behind the kitchen counter.

"O-Oh hey.. I didn't know you were here.."

She probably saw me looking disappointed.

"Come here," she said. "I'm trying to bake you some cookies."

I eagerly made my way to her and saw the huge and soft cookies which looked like they just came straight out of the oven.

"I didn't know you have a thing for baking, Minnie.."

"Haha! Soojin helped me out earlier. I couldn't have done this by myself," she embarrassedly rubbed her nape as she looked at me. "She's just letting me take all the credit for it."

"Really?" I smiled at her.

I know Soojin is really good and talented in the kitchen. She's so nice to help Minnie make something for me.

As for Minnie, we haven't really talked much about what's going to happen between us now. I can see her trying to act completely normal for me, she would always joke around and make me laugh.. although she knows that I'm still heavily affected by Miyeon and Jisoo dating.

They've been really busy these days, so we didn't have the time to sort things out between us. Although I must say that we've been so close recently, even closer than how we used to be before.

"Abby!" she tapped my shoulder, making me realize that I was zoning out again.

Crap, I guess I've been overthinking a lot recently.

"S-Sorry!" I hastily replied.

But before I could even say anything else, she playfully placed an icing on my cheek.

"Kim Minnie!" I laughed as I tried to do the same to her, but she started running around. "Get back here!"

"Come and get me," she winked and quickly ran around the table.

I tried chasing her, but she placed the chairs on my way to block me. I looked at her in disbelief. "Hey, that's unfair!"

"Hahaha! Just admit it, you're never going to catch me!"

I gave her a determined look as I quickly moved the chairs out of my path.

I'm not going to lose!

She was surprised by seeing how fast I acted. "Woah, slow down!"

I just laughed at her as we continued running around, until Miyeon suddenly entered the kitchen.

The both of us immediately stopped. And just like that, the happiness that I've been slowly feeling disappeared again.

Miyeon looked at me in surprise, I guess she didn't really expect to see us that happy together. She didn't say a word and just went straight to the fridge to grab something to drink.

Meanwhile, Minnie gave me a mischievous look as she suddenly pulled me closer to her, ignoring our game and placing another icing on my other cheek.

"Ah seriously!" I chuckled in disbelief. I looked her in the eye and noticed how happy she looks right now.