Chapter 10: Impossible.

“Daddy!” She squealed as she ran into my arms from the end of the hall. Friday has finally come around, it seemed to take forever to get here but she’s here. Dad dropped off her suit cases this morning just before the cable guy came. I spent all morning unpacking her stuff, restricting the TV so all the adult channels are blocked and then I went grocery shopping. I’ve had a busy morning but all that stress has paid off because now my baby is living with me. This is such a great moment, the moment she jumps back into my arms and hugs me tightly. I get to smell the sun on her skin as her long dirty blonde hair brushes against my cheek. She giggles as I pick her up off her feet and groan happily.

“Daddy, I’ve missed you.” Peasnie said into my collar bone. I frowned and hugged her tighter so she was pressed right up against my chest.

“I promise I’m never leaving again.” I told her softly. She giggled and nodded. I put her back on her feet and look down at the little girl who was still in school uniform. I smiled widely as my mom came down the narrow hall with a smile. She had Peasnie’s backpack with her. I looked back at Peasnie, grinning widely.

“Why don’t you go inside and check out our new home.” I told her with a lively tone. Her blue eyes lit up and she took off into the apartment, I followed close behind her as she explored the apartment. There really wasn’t much to see but since Tuesday I’ve made it more at home, hanging pictures and Peasnie’s artwork on the walls, bringing my drums here and sound proofing the ENTIRE apartment. I’ve put a blanket on the couch and cluttered a couple shelves with CDs and VCR tapes. I’ve gotten the VCR player and hooked it up along with my stereo. I’ve been given some more dishes and now the cupboards are full of drink packs, snacks and food basically. I got a tiny little dining room table with a couple chairs. I’m hoping I can get more stuff to make it more at home. Peasnie came skidding back into the living room from the bedroom. Peasnie and I now share a bed so I get the side that’s not against the wall and she gets the side between me and the wall. I’ve gotten a box and put some toys into it. Her doll house was set up in the corner of the room with all the dolls set up in it. My clothes haven’t even hit the shelves or hangers and her wardrobe it much larger than mine. Peasnie gave me a curious expression on her face. She smiled at me widely and nodded in approval.

“I like it.” She stated her opinion proudly.

“Did I do a good job at chasing all the monsters away?” I asked curiously. She gave me a defined nod and a proud smile.

“You’re doing better at keeping your pinky promises.”She told me happily.

“That’s good. I like keeping promises.” I smiled and nodded.

“Grandma said you learned how to chase monsters away from her and Grandpa.” Peasnie asked if that was true. I laughed and looked at my mom before looking down at Peasnie with a nod.

“Yep, they taught me so I can chase the monsters away for you.” I told her slyly. Peasnie smiled and looked at my mom wide eyed, her blue eyes gleaming with pride. She mouthed ‘Whoa’ before running back into the apartment. My mom didn’t stay long; she dropped Peasnie off and left. I’m okay with that because for the rest of the afternoon and evening Peasnie and I chilled out watching some TV and for dinner we made pizzas, homemade style. I helped her with her homework, she had some trouble but it’s her first week of school, soooo I’ll cut her a break. Bailey, the guys and girls came over just afterwards to hang out. Peasnie showed them the new doll she got on Wednesday. They acted interested which has made me realize just how lucky I am to have friends like them. They’re willing to raise this girl even when I was older, they raised her. I watched as the girls played dolls with her and she put a tiara on Brian’s head. When they left at about six, thirty-ish I gave her a bath and got her ready for bed.