Chapter 61: To Kill a Mockingbird.

2 weeks later. . .

 Life is going swell. I’d thought that married life would suck the life out of me but it’s just like every other day. We went on our honeymoon which was really nice; usually Bailey and I have to plan for the kids to be gone out at the same time in order to have time to ourselves. But for an entire week we did things we wanted. Bailey brought up having another kid, again. This time I gave in. I wasn’t with it but I wasn’t going against it. So if it happens then it happens. Anyways Bailey and I came home to a very nice lunch made by Kier and Peasnie. They actually got along, for about an hour then all went to hell.

Peasnie’s been going to her group sessions regularly; she’s been getting better, slowly but surely. She’s also hit womanhood while we were away. She was terrified. My mom never had to deal with that because I’m a boy and not a girl. But she handled everything gingerly. Rosie’s back, which is a royal pain in my ass. She and Peasnie have made amends and for the last little bit of the summer Peasnie’s going with her mom on a road trip. I have a terrible feeling about this.

Kier has been trying to train himself how to read and write properly so he can go back to normal public school. I’ve tried explaining it to him that he can’t just make it go away over the summer, it’s always going to be there but him being a mixture of his mom and me, he’s stubborn.

And what have I been up to these past few days? I’ve decided to write a book; I’m unsure weather or not I’ll send it to the publishers. I’m nearly finished it, the last couple paragraphs are yet to be written down. It’s about family; making the hard choices in life. It’s about mine and Peasnie’s lives, the last time. It begins with me summer job hunting; it’s my point of view for a couple chapters. Then it shows Peasnie and what she had to go through to get to me. It’s about me dying and her grieving deeply. It swings between point of views after Peasnie is taken from me. Obviously the names have been changed. So that’s what I’ve been doing for the majority of the day, Bailey and Peasnie are gone out with the girls and Kier is in his room drawing like usual.

I sat behind the computer and wrote down the final paragraph of the story. Endings are never easy. They’re damn near impossible but they need to be done. My brain followed with the perfect ending paragraph.

Any chapped-assed monkey with a keyboard can poop out a beginning, but endings are impossible. You try to tie up every loose end, but you never can. The fans are always gonna bitch, there’s always gonna be holes, and since it’s the ending it’s all supposed to add up to something I’m telling you…they’re the raging pain in the ass. So I guess this is the end. Highly doubt it because nothing ever ends. Does it?

By now it was late afternoon and Peasnie was supposed to finish packing for her mom to come and pick her up early this evening. Kier is delighted that he gets to spend some one on one time with me without Peasnie showing up. I’m excited too. I could hear Kier’s music playing in his room semi loudly. He enjoyed that band My Chemical Romance. I promised him that next time we play a show with them that I’ll bring him along.

I smiled when I heard a car pull into the drive. The girls were home. I got up out of my chair after saving the file and exiting it. The brightness of the hall blinded me slightly as I opened the office door. I winced as my eyes recovered from the sudden blinding pain. Downstairs I heard Peasnie coming inside and stomp her way up the stairs, she wasn’t angry or anything; she just has loud feet. I smiled widely as she approached me with a seven 11 big gulp stretched outwards to me.

“We got you something.” She said caringly. I took the drink from her and sipped it. Ahhh ice cold coke. I smiled at her and kissed the top of her head happily.