Chapter 28: This Is Our Rebel Love Song.

My lips ached slightly as they became swollen from the intense kiss I shared with Bailey. My lungs panted for air as the tears tried on my face. Bailey did the same with gracious smile. God how I’ve missed that smile, it’s so pretty. I know most guys say their girlfriends’ smile is beautiful but I find they get tired of being called beautiful all the time, every compliment is ‘you’re so beautiful’. Maybe they wouldn’t lose interest if you said they had a pretty smile or a kind and gentle smile. Y’know mix things up a bit.

I smiled widely as I brushed her dark red hair to behind her ear. Her hazel eyes studied me carefully before the back room door swung open and a rather short guy stormed into the room with a baseball bat in his tight grasp. He was swearing at me.

“Don’t you fucking touch my girls!” He practically screamed at me. A knot formed in my stomach as I was sent tumbling backwards into the wall. He was about ready to swing when Bailey stepped in and grabbed the bat from him as I cowered into the far wall. I might have twelve inches on this guy but he scared me shitless.

“No Jerry! It’s okay, I know him.” Bailey reassured him in a mothering tone. Jerry was short, like five foot two inches maybe that. He had a balding head but dark hair. His blazing green eyes drilled right through me as he stood there huffing and puffing. He looked at Bailey with an unsure expression.

“Are you sure everything’s alright?” He asked curiously. “-Do you know who he is?” He added to his original question. I felt slightly hurt by that but I brushed it off as nothing. Bailey’s probably talked about me but hasn’t told them about what I look like; I mean she wouldn’t not talk about her baby’s dad, right?

Bailey took the bat and leaned it up against the wall before patting his shoulder. She looked over at me with a charming smile. She had a tear in her eye but it wasn’t of sorrow or anything negative. It was a tear of joy and happiness.

“It’s Andy’s dad.”

“So Andy is the name you gave our?....” I prolonged the question as we stood outside the diner. The guys were in the diner buying coffee and very early morning breakfast while Bailey and I hung around outside. Bailey changed into decent clothes, a white tank top with a purple one over top and a black leather jacket with jeans and sneakers. A smile cascaded across her face as the thought loomed in her head.

“Son. Our son.” She replied with a grin. I felt like I was the king of the world. I’m having a boy, a tiny baby boy. I’m not going to be out numbered anymore! I felt a large goofy smirk smack me in the face as I stood there, thinking about all the things I’m gonna teach him. He’ll be a mini me, no wait bad idea. I’m gonna teach him everything I know. I can’t wait to tell Peasnie that she’s gonna have a baby brother. Bailey blushed a bright red even in the dark; it made me smile even more.

“We can change it if you want; I never thought I’d see you again so that’s what I named him.” She stammered on about the name. I didn’t care what we named him; I cared weather he was going to healthy and happy. I cared about everything other than the name. I wore half a grin as Bailey extended her stammering and stuttering. She was nervous and I’ve always made her stutter when she’s nervous. I knew I wouldn’t be able to shut her up by interrupting her so I leaned down and seized her words with by pressing my lips to her softly. Jesus Christ this feeling will never get old. I’ve missed it so much. Just feeling a smile curl her lips back made the butterflies inside me flutter around and my heart skipped beats. When I knew she wouldn’t speak anymore I pulled away not realizing I had put my hands on either side of her face, just like I used too.