Chapter 47: Social Networking Sites.

5 years later. . .

 “But dad,” Peasnie whined at me “-Everybody has it.” She added in the typical twelve year old tone. It’s been five years since Peasnie’s accident. She’s recovered within a year, nine months to be exact. Now life is back to, well as normal as my life can get. Kier is seven and Peasnie is twelve, well almost twelve; her birthday’s tomorrow. And she’s been whining at me for an account on a site called bloggers.com. She’s been begging for it since her friends got it a couple months ago but I keep saying no, that’s not an appropriate site for a twelve year old. I know I’m being unreasonable but I’m trying to protect her. I allow her to use instant messenger on the computer in the kitchen but that’s about it. Kier’s not even allowed to use the computer unless it’s for that paint program. I’m just trying to protect my kids. There are alot of perverts out there that could potentially harm my kids. They’ll thank me when they’re not dead in a ditch somewhere.

I shook my head as Peasnie practically chased me around the house that morning, as we got ready for the day. Bailey was in the kitchen making breakfast and lunches for them. I on the other hand, I’m busy trying to find where I put that note book. We’re busy writing our new album which is self entitled; Avenged Sevenfold. This is our fourth studio album, after we did Waking The Fallen there was City of Evil. That was a fun record to say the least.

I couldn’t help but laugh hysterically.

“If everybody jumped off a bridge would you?” I asked being sarcastic. She actually stood there and thought about it before she made a half smirk.

“That’s what I’d do if you don’t let me get a blogger’s account.” She told me with a serious tone. I shook my head and stopped what I was doing to look at the pre-teen. She’s grown a lot since she was nine. She’s now as tall as Bailey. She’s stripped her hair of the brown so now it’s back to blonde which I think suits her better. It’s long, just past her shoulders long. Today she had it braided in the bangs and pulled off to the side. She wore a blue and white stripped tee shirt with nicely fitting jeans and red sneakers.

I shook my head and crocked a smirk at her, knowing perfectly well that she won’t actually throw herself off a bridge if I didn’t let her get an account.

“Stop being so melodramatic and finish getting ready you’ll miss your bus.” I told her in a fatherly tone. She rolled her eyes and groaned at me.

“Please dad, just please.” She begged again. I sighed heavily at her begging.

“Peasnie you know how I feel about those sites, there are perverts out there that’ll do anything to get their hands on you.” I explained to her quickly. She gave me a displeased expression with her hands on her hips. She pouted at me before her facial features turned pissed off.

“This is so not fair.” She whined pathetically. That, right there was the last straw; she knows how I feel about these sites. She knows the rules, she can get one as soon as she turns eighteen because by then she’ll have moved out.

“No, that is fair; you wanna know what wouldn’t be fair? Having to bury my daughter after she got killed by some guy who she met over the internet.” I managed to keep my calm even though I did lose my temper. Peasnie gave in, stomping her way back the way she came, she went to finish getting ready for school. Since she’s been back the school board’s made another decision about the education system. The elementary school will only teach up to the age of eleven or twelve before the kids go to the High School. This is Peasnie’s first year at High School and so far she’s handling it better than I did. So she doesn’t need uniform anymore but Kier does.

“Ya know, I wish you’d start trusting me instead of fake trusting me.” She sang as she went up stairs to finish getting ready. I knew she was just being overly dramatic. She’s already got a phone that I completely trust her with . . . okay I check it sometimes, just to make sure nothing inappropriate is happening. But other than that I trust her completely. She knows the rules.

I looked up to see Bailey standing at the counter making lunches for them. She looked absolutely beautiful. I had to stop what I was doing just to stand and stare at her. A grin danced across my face. Bailey’s gaze caught me and she blushed a bright red.

“You’re staring again.” She told me with a smile. I nodded as I went over to her, wrapping my arms around her from behind. I buried my face in the back of her neck and inhaled deeply, smiling at the sweet smell of her body soap. Bailey’s changed a lot too in the last five years; she’s grown her hair out and dyed it a dark colour; not black but blueberry blue. She’s still as beautiful as she was when I first met her.

I smiled and kissed her neck which caused her to giggle and turn to face me with her arms draped around my neck loosely. Bailey looked deep into my eyes with a casual smile.

“Y’know I think you should let her get that blog.” She told me. I stopped smiling and pushed myself away from her, not hesitating to retaliate. Bailey crossed her arms and watched me as I paced back and forth before stopping and putting my hands on my hips.

“Jimmy, she’s going to be twelve; she knows the rules of the internet. Plus she’ll have her friends that’ll look out for her.” Bailey tried to reason with me but I wasn’t having it.

“So what, she knows the rules; that doesn’t mean she’ll obey by them.” I stated truthfully. If Peasnie is anything like me she’ll know the rules but do the complete opposite. Kier is already getting into trouble for being more like me.

Bailey frowned at me and gave me the ‘I’m gonna win this fight so might as well give up now’ look. She raised an eye brow and ran her tongue along the inside of her cheek with her arms crossed over her chest.

“You do realize you basically just said you don’t trust her.” Bailey slapped me in the face with reality. I did just say that. I can’t believe I did that. I mentally scolded myself for the mere thought.

“And if you don’t let her get it with your permission she’ll do it behind your back, do you want that to happen?” She asked. “-Because there’s more danger with that than if you know about it.” She added with a truthful tone. I know she’s right, she’s always right. Especially about this, knowing Peasnie she will go behind my back and make that account, and that’s when the real danger comes in. I do trust Peasnie, I trust her with my life so why can’t I trust her with this? I need to show her that I do trust her really.

I sighed deeply and pinched the bridge of my nose, knowing that this can’t end well either way it goes. Peasnie came down the stairs with her school bag at the ready. She shot me a death glare before going for the back door where her bike was chained up.

“Right, that’s me gone.” She said with a flat tone. Bailey gave me a look that told me to do the right thing. I groaned which caught Peasnie’s attention. She was growing up so fast; I’m gobsmacked by how mature and smart she is. She already acts years above her age unlike Kier who is still that bratty seven year old who’ll probably never grow up.

“Peasnie, tomorrow; we’ll make you that account tomorrow.” I told her flatly. Peasnie’s big blue eyes widened as a goofy smile danced across her face. I watched as Kier’s expression was completely shocked.

“What?! She gets a bloggers’ account and I don’t?!” He exclaimed loudly. Peasnie made a face at her little brother while Bailey grinned at me from behind the counter. Peasnie skipped up to me and basically did a koala bear and jumped up onto me. She was extremely happy about getting this account and I was happy she was happy. Peasnie kissed my cheek before running out the back door saying she’s getting all her friends’ user names. Little did she know I had bigger plans than just that.