Chapter 39: Stay with Me!

It’s Saturday and we’re meeting with the CPS people and lawyers and Rosie. I made sure Peasnie was wearing new clothes and was all cleaned up, same with myself even though I wore a pair of jeans and a tee shirt with a jacket since it’s rather chilly here. Peasnie wore a jacket as well. She enjoyed exploring with me yesterday and then going swimming in the hotel pool.

I was paranoid as I sat outside an office in a drab building waiting for their interview with Peasnie to be over, they had Rosie stay in a different interviewing room to ask her questions. I already had my interview now I was waiting for Peasnie to be finished so we can finish up for the day and go back to the hotel. I was paranoid that they were brainwashing Peasnie or putting words in her mouth. It seemed to take forever for it to be finished and with every ticking minute I grew more and more frightened. I really can’t lose Peasnie, not now; not ever. We’ve been through so much, so many laughs and disagreements. We’ve shared smiles and tears. Peasnie and I are like the dynamic duo.

My eyes opened slightly as the sun came into my room through the blanket that I used as a curtain. I used a piece of rope to keep it up, I tied it onto the two hooks I hammered into the wall. The early sunlight burned my gaze as I hung off the edge of my bed. I sighed heavily and sank into the bed. My eyes flew open when I remembered I had a job interview today. My gaze ran up from the carpeted floors that were covered in dirty clothes and other shit to the wood nightstand that held a bunch of pick-a-pop bottles, my meds and my clock. The clock read ‘8:15am’ in big red letters. My stomach jerked as I fell out of bed. I have the job interview at nine.

I ran around my room quickly getting ready, combing my hair. Getting dressed instead of riding my bike in my underwear, the navy blue boxers easily slid under the black dress pants. I threw on a top and quickly brushed my teeth and gathered my things up into the back pack.

My gaze ran back to the clock, it read ‘8:30am’. It took me fifteen minutes to get ready and now I only have fifteen minutes to get to the store for my interview.

“Shit.” I cursed as I tucked the shirt into my pants and did them up. I slid my shoes on and booked it to the front door with the bag in my hands.

“Bye mom!” I called out as I ran out the front door. I heard her fall back to me with a cheerful voice. I jumped off the porch and into the grass with my back pack loosely hanging off my shoulders. I picked my bike up off the grass and jumped onto it, my legs peddled quickly.

I rode my bike down the streets in the summer sun. Instead of sitting on the beach in shorts and a tee shirt I was riding my bike to a job interview in a dress shirt, a thin black tie and dress pants. The short sleeved shirt was cooling and nice but the heat made me die in the sun. I slicked my hair back so it was out of my face. I had to wear my glasses too. My back pack was sitting on my back loosely.

I had to go for this job interview at the local Safeway so I can start to support my family. Rosie has a doctor’s appointment today and I can’t be there. It sucks because I want to be there so badly. I hated the fact that its summer time and I can’t go do my normal Jimmy stuff. I can’t get into trouble and be a little misfit; I have to get a job and work. I guess that’s what I get for impregnating a girl at thirteen. I bet Matt, Brian and Zack are at the beach relaxing. I want to be there so badly. I don’t know where I want to be today but there is one place I need to be and that’s at that interview.

I liked the fact that it was close but no within walking distance; I’d have to ride my bike to work if I get the job. Hopefully I do. I don’t want to spend my summer feeling like an adult without a job. I’m also really excited for next week’s ultra sound. I haven’t actually gotten to see the baby yet. By the beginning of September we’ll know what we’re having. I’m super excited to find out what we’re having. I pray for a girl but every dad secretly prays for a boy. I’m no different. I want a girl but I also want a boy. I’ve started writing it letters. I started the day I found out. I basically said I was in shock that I was going to be a dad. I said that even under the circumstances I loved them. I just want that kid to have a piece of me when it’s born.